Saturday, December 18, 2010

It's Official!

Wow--Aaron and I are now the parents of a TEENAGER! Tanner turned 13 on December 16th.

Not only has he passed his Mom in height, but his feet are quickly catching up with his Dad's. New boots....size 10 (in men's). Hopefully, we will not be buying another pair next year.

In keeping with tradition, Aaron took Tanner to breakfast before school.

Mint chocolate brownies. (The oreo/mint chocolate chip mud pie will be Monday night when we celebrate all our December birthdays with G-ma and G-pa P.) He chose hamburgers and pasta salad for dinner along with fresh pineapple.

And early the next morning....we sang Happy Birthday to Anna! She loved the Zhu-Zhu pets and had to take them to school for show and tell that day.

Fortunately, I was able to negotiate a birthday party for next year even though she really wanted one. It is such a busy time of year and let's be honest, I'm not a party person.

After enjoying Anna's selected birthday dinner of waffles and all the fixings (real whipping cream, berries, bananas, syrup, powdered sugar, etc.), I couldn't bring myself to bake a cake. Instead, they were happy enough just decorating their ice cream:).

4 comments:

larah said...

Happy Birthday to all of your December children! Can't believe that you have a teenager! You guys must be getting old. :)

Hilary said...

Happy Birthday Tanner and Anna!!

Kristen said...

M you both look so much older. And your parents must be really old. However, your grandparents are getting younger all the time.

Tricia said...

Happy birthday Tanner, Anna and Brinley! We were thinking about you on your birthdays! Sorry we didn't call this year. . . we plan to call this month to say "hi!" (Blogging is making us lazier in that department.) Wow! Tanner a teenager! He was two when I was dating McKay! Love you guys!