...many things, many things...
This could be a long post but I just want to mention one thing I'm feeling extra grateful for today.
Of all the dreams I have as a mother, one that ranks at the very top of the list for me is the hope and prayer that my children will learn to make good choices and be happy in their lives. In short, that they will develop a great love for Jesus Christ and His Gospel. I have ample opportunities to teach them at home in various ways but today I'm feeling grateful to serve in the Primary organization at church. There seems to be an extra measure of the Spirit when I stand in front of a group of Primary children and testify of gospel truths. And four of my children are listening and feeling that same Spirit. At least once a month they are formally reminded that their mother loves the Lord and is committed to His way of living.
Recently, a friend of mine mentioned her son had served in a difficult European country where few people actually listened to the message of the Restored Gospel. He was dedicating his life 24/7 to sharing essential truths and nobody wanted to hear about it. On the other hand, each Sunday I witness a room full of eager learners who are forming their own understanding of true principles. Wow--how grateful am I to be one of those teachers!
3 comments:
And they are lucky to have you! I love Primary. I felt so ready to be released, but I have sure missed it these last few months. I subbed a couple of weeks ago and it felt like going home to be in sharing time with my kiddos.
So true. Primary is the place that the spirit is unrestrained as all those eager spirits listen to your testimony. They don't doubt it. It is truth and they know it. I loved serving there and was so sad to leave it.
Primary is a great place. I am sure you are an awesome primary leader!
Post a Comment