The kids really enjoyed playing out in the snow during the Christmas break from school.
Our mudroom area was a perpetual pile of snow gear. Though not my favorite "mess", I didn't complain much about stuff all over the floor because the hats and gloves and snow pants dry a lot faster when they are on the floor (thank you radiant heat). How ironic.
Everything has to be 'just so' for some kids (gloves can't be twisted funny, etc.).
Good thing they are so darn cute!
It was a happy day when my neighbor asked if I'd be interested in a hand-me-down snow suit for Quinn. Technically, he didn't need it but since he wasn't digging his current winter coat and insisted on wearing the old green one (3T), it was worth checking out.
It was a jack-pot experience for both of us!
BEST. SNOW. SUIT. EVER
(I have a few children who are "particular" about what they wear, and you can't always guess which way they'll go with something.)
On Monday (Dec. 29), we drove to CV to join the rest of our children along with C. cousins and G-ma and G-pa P at the Jump Zone for an hour. And thanks to Adam for scoring this freebie!
After sitting in the car for a few hours, it was the perfect place for Quinn and Elsie.
Jantzen and Tanner joined Adam and Britton for a USU basketball game on Saturday night.
Once again, thanks to Adam for the great deal! Jantzen LOVES attending games.
Anna enjoyed extra time playing with her C. cousins over the weekend.
Yeah, Elsie's blue mouth reveals the color of candy cane consumed during the car ride.
Surprisingly, it wasn't very crowded so the kids didn't have to wait in any lines for stuff.
In fact, near the end of our hour, we kept expecting to hear "time's up for the pink group". Nobody ever came to kick us out but having jumped and bounced and climbed all we wanted, we headed out on our own accord.
Next up, the indoor ice skating arena.
Apparently, the crowds were not at the Jump Zone, they were at the skating rink.
Most of my children could not be deterred so we joined the masses. G-ma was the designated photography and took the early finishers home with her. Brinley, Jantzen, Anna, Quinn and Jenna were some of the final skaters still on the ice as time drew near for public skate time to end. We got our money's worth on this activity.
Apparently, the crowds were not at the Jump Zone, they were at the skating rink.
Most of my children could not be deterred so we joined the masses. G-ma was the designated photography and took the early finishers home with her. Brinley, Jantzen, Anna, Quinn and Jenna were some of the final skaters still on the ice as time drew near for public skate time to end. We got our money's worth on this activity.
![]() |
| Anna lead the music for our lovely singing. We're Welch, right? |
After dinner, G-ma shared a family history story for FHE about her great-grandfather, Robert P. Wilson. A write-up of him was included in the Christmas book she gave the family this year.
Quinn and Jameson had a fantastic time playing together.
Somebody's tired...
Even after all the activities of the day, the kids found a 'second win' and decided to stay up and watch a movie together.
We had plans to visit Bonnie and Bryant's family and see the lights at Temple Square later Tuesday but with crazy cold sub-zero windy weather (and sickness in Layton), plans changed. I took the older kids shopping (returns/exchanges from Christmas, etc.) while Aaron and Adam let the boys play ball at the church.
Can you guess who? Quinn has a love/hate relationship with this costume.
It took a while to clean-up and pack-up so we left CV after dinner on Tuesday - barely missing the return of G-ma and G-pa from their quick day trip to SL (work-related). We packed plenty into the short amount of time we spent together and the kids enjoyed a change of pace.
We used Aaron's new suitcase for the first time. Love the little travel bags that help compartmentalize stuff inside. Yeah, I'm funny that way, I know.
Other than the two snowstorms surrounding Christmas day and the freezing temps, the weather has returned to warmer than normal again. Funky weather patterns lately.
Seeing Jantzen's initials in the snow reminded me of the days when McKay used to mow the lawn and leave his signature in the grass.
| Quinn LOVES his grapefruit. |
This picture reminds me of another childhood memory flash-back. I remember how much I loved grapefruit as a child. My Dad would carefully cut one for himself in the morning and sometimes I was the recipient of a section or two. As an adult, I can appreciate the time it takes to prepare grapefruit and now I have a little one asking me for sections (or halves) whenever possible.
I know. I'm old-fashioned. Still using paper planner pages. A new set for the new year.
It's going to take time getting everything organized on this new computer but Aaron gave me a great headstart. It's SO much faster, easier, etc. He is my hero in this department...I'd be lost without him.
| Anna had Lillian over to play games. |
New Year's Eve - most of us stayed close to home.
We busted out the fondue pot and melted a little chocolate.
The kids were all about it.
Jantzen watched football, played games and ate at Tucker's house (until 10). Brinley hung out at Aubrey's and then went to the big dance held at the junior high. The rest of us rang in the new year at home.
Our neighbors gave us the soda pop when they wished us a Merry Christmas and a "Happy Root Beer".
Pretty sure the anticipation of opening the bottles was better than the actual fizz.
I think some people tried to watch the 'ball drop' but our TV coverage is minimal and never seems to work out. I, for one, was already in bed:).
Happy New Year and welcome 2015!











No comments:
Post a Comment