 |
| Elsie - painting her scuba self-portrait |
While serving on the PTO Board this year, I have been in charge of coordinating the Art Program for the elementary school. This has included scheduling the classes with Mr. Hidalgo (professional artist), coordinating lesson plans, getting supplies, recruiting and communicating with parent-volunteers for each class, etc. We'll be finishing up classes this week then preparing for the Art Show. I've also assisted with Elsie's class this year since I helped Quinn's class last year.
Our sweet friend and college student, Lexi Fuller, stopped by on March 14 (3.14) to share pies with the kids. Today, she joined us for Sunday dinner and hung out watching old home videos and one of the Book of Mormon videos her mom gave us before they moved to Arizona. We all laughed and had a great time together.
Many mornings I check outside for the school bus to enter the neighborhood because timing is everything and we don't have a good visual inside the house. I was a little surprised to see Mr. Moose in the neighborhood again. This time he actually found our garden and fruit trees and I had to 'scare' him away from nibbling the little buds. First time he's ventured into our yard.
 |
| Breakfast of Champions - St. Patty's Day tradition |
 |
| Quinn's trap secured him a treat/note from a leprechaun |
 |
| Jantzen - kneeling with ball in front |
Official games haven't started yet but Saturday morning Jantzen's team had a scrimmage game against another team. The weather was amazing and these boys played very well. Someone needed a picture for something so I took advantage of the rare moment to snap my own shot.
Elsie was selected to participate in a district wide spelling bee for 4th graders. Anna wanted to come along (having been a former participant herself) to cheer Elsie on. She did a wonderful job in front of so many people and kept a great attitude throughout. Collecting her 'goodie bag' at the end and having a DQ blizzard with Mom and Dad afterwards made for an awesome afternoon.
1 comment:
Congratulations to Elsie on her spellng bee. That was a big job coordinating the artistic stuff. Great for your kids though. We love Quinn's lego creation! Nice. Glad the snow has melted enough for soccer. Watch out with the moose thing. Scary!
Post a Comment