Sunday, June 16, 2019

Quick China Trip - Anna's Entry

While I was wrapping up the end of the school year at home with Quinn and Elsie, Aaron took Jantzen and Anna for a quick trip to China (May 22-28).  Taylor and his family have been living in Shanghai for over 10 years.  It was finally time for Aaron to take a few of the kids and venture half way around the world.  There were a few hiccups on the way over (but we won't dwell on the worst flight of Aaron's life) but the kids were total troopers and were excited to explore new territory.

Over the years, Anna has heard plenty about the 'amazing deals' on cheap Chinese stuff and was eager to have her own experience in the 'underground markets'.  I assured her Jen only goes there with out-of-town visitors because after all, it's still 'cheap Chinese stuff'.  In the end, she was happy with her purchases.  The big brand items this trip included the fjallraven kanken backpacks (Anna & Elsie), Hydroflask water bottle (Jantzen), Van's shoes (Anna & Quinn) and a Champion sweatshirt.  I'm sure Anna would have liked more time to shop but her Dad and brother were less eager.
(I had Anna write the rest of this post since I wasn't there).
They had the opportunity to see the Shanghai Tower which is the second tallest building in the world.

On the first floor there were really cool cars.
                                                  This is a picture that Anna took from the top.
Anna looking down from inside the tower
Jantzen
The Chinese people were enamored with Anna and wanted to take pictures with her. Others didn't bother asking but snapped away to capture this light-haired American teen.
These people were trying to take a picture but Aaron decided to photo bomb and they thought it was the funniest thing so they got a picture with him!
                                   The bottom floor of the Shanghai tower is on Jantzen's left.
                They ate lunch at the Shanghai tower and were served noodles and dumplings.
                                                                        Dumplings
                                              A picture of Anna at the Bund (the boardwalk)
                          This is the old part of Shanghai with the smaller, cultured buildings.

Anna and Jantzen always made fun of Aaron because of the way he took selfies.
                   This is an underwater tunnel that was used to get from old Shanghai to new Shanghai.
        Another picture of Anna on the Bund looking at the cool lights as the sun is setting behind her.
Jantzen managed to get a quick picture of this crying baby which he and Anna thought was hilarious.


1 comment:

Kristen said...

I am so glad Anna, Jantzen and Aaron got to go to China. I know how the Chinese love people with blonde hair. I've never seen that underwater tunnel. We need to check that out.