Sunday, June 13, 2010

Run for Fun

When I saw the game schedule for Jantzen's coach-pitch baseball season, I nearly fainted! We have never been guilty of spending hours on the ball fields and I certainly didn't want to start such a habit. Now that the season is over, I can understand why there were so many scheduled games as a good number of them were cancelled due to poor weather. Thanks to a great coach and teammates, Jantzen had a terrific season.

He loved hitting the ball!

Yesterday, the "H. Hot Mamas" completed the Teton Dam Marathon Relay and took first place for the women's relay team. Our training schedule was rather 'relaxed' as most of us suffered from one ailment or another but we sure had a lot of FUN! It almost felt like I was 'cheating' as I passed by the real marathoners knowing I could jump into a suburban at the next mile. It was the best of both worlds!
There was a 1-mile Fun Run for the kids. Tanner, Brinley, Jantzen and Anna all ran in it.
Anna insisted on holding my hand while she ran. I was amazed that she never even stopped to walk.
After the race we tried to get a picture...

7 comments:

Malinda said...

Wahoo! Congrats on the first place finish! It looks like lots of fun (except for the running part . . . HA HA).

larah said...

Wow! That is great! I love that Anna ran the whole way holding your hand! How cute is that?!

Kristen said...

Good job. I am proud of all of the runners. Where was Aaron?

Dad/Grandpa

Heather said...

Aaron was behind the camera and managing the two little ones...

Griffin Family said...

Good Job Heather! I am doing a race next weekend too. Our old glory days are making a come back!

Tiffany Salter said...

Congrats! Good job to the whole family.

Tricia said...

Way to go Marcums!!