Just a few thoughts about our "Birthday Boy".
Your quick excursion northward is so typical of the selfless service you have always been willing to provide for your family. Countless are the projects you have assisted all of us with over the years! We are so blessed because of your kindness and wisdom.
As I think back to my childhood, I cannot recall a time you raised your voice. It's true. No doubt there were numerous opportunities to be frustrated with the six of us, but you handled things in a different way. We knew when you were disappointed but your approach was remarkably calm and quiet. When I grow up, I want to be just like that!
I love seeing my kids snuggled up with Papa and a storybook. Thanks for taking the time and caring about the next generation. Thanks for helping instill the importance of hard work and respect for others. Thanks for giving us a reason to laugh with your sense of humor (i.e. jeans to church 'episode'). Thanks for being patient with us and always believing we can achieve whatever we put effort into. You are amazing!
We love you Dad/Papa! Happy Birthday to you at 62!
2 comments:
well said.
Ditto! Happy birthday to Dad!
Post a Comment