We are looking forward to a few new beginnings around here.
Starting school is usually a 'mixed-bagged' and this year is no different. Elsie and Quinn have really missed having their other siblings around...and so have I on several occasions. My babysitters are gone! This summer has been the first one I could actually run to the store and leave the older children in charge of the younger ones (I've been waiting a LONG time for this to happen).
Just the other night Aaron and I were able to attend the temple together and came home to a quiet house with the dishes done! Of course, we left with several of the children in tears, lots of fighting and drama and were on the phone with one of them the entire drive to the temple. (My threat/promise was that if I had to stay home due to their poor behavior, nobody would get to watch the RedBox movie.) Fortunately, it worked.
We hope to be moving into our new digs real soon. I actually packed a few boxes after Wednesday's 'return to school' pilgrimage. I couldn't think about starting that project until some of the kids were gone. Any spare time has been spent CLEANING in the construction zone. Carpet should be coming this week though we still have a few contractors that need to finish things up. Actually, it's going to take a miracle to pull this all together but we believe in miracles!
Another new beginning...sort of...back to full-time Primary pianist I go (Quinn officially started nursery when I was called to be a nursery worker a few months ago). After setting a record for my longest calling ever held (3 years), it's time for a change. My dream calling of teaching in Relief Society is coming to an end. (To clarify, I've been leaving nursery once a month to teach RS).
And, my favorite month of the year is just around the corner! September.
Life is good.
5 comments:
Good luck with the move!
You'll have to post some pictures of the new house!
I want to see the new house.
Ah! Primary pianist. Awesome!
Don't forget the part about playing tooth fairy, steaming the counters, recovering from pregnancy side effects, labeling, sending birthday cards to family who live on the other side of the country. . . .
No, I don't imagine you run out of things to do.
Thanks for the update Heather! I'm excited that you get to move into your new home soon!
Tell everyone hello for me!
Post a Comment