Just for the record, this has been the most disorganized move ever (I began experiencing 'symptoms' long before the actual transfer of goods/moving of stuff). How painful! There are multiple reasons for this but I've decided one 'con' to staying in the same area is that life doesn't slow down to accommodate the extra workload of unpacking and getting settled again. All of the other obligations that disappear when you move to a new area are still here...
I also think Quinn and Elsie are especially helpful at keeping the chaos constant. Just invite them over and you'll discover new ways of decorating!
I'll post pictures when I find what I need.
9 comments:
Wish I could be there to "tend/play" with the kids and keep them out of your hair. But I've been playing so much myself that it's back to work for me.
I truly hope you get to stay in your beautiful home for a long time--in fact for more than 2 years! Break the pattern.
Sorry we are not closer to help, then again, maybe I am very glad. :) Hope the chaos starts to settle down a bit!
I love when you and Keri say that you are going to stay put for a while. She might just have you beat for longevity this time. :)
I've heard about how amazing your new house is. I can't way to see pictures.
And by "way to see" I of course meant WAIT to see. :)
Heather we've never lived anywhere for more than 2 years either...even in Japan we moved from Sendai to Yokohama. We've been in our house for a year now with no prospects of leaving in the next year...it's weird! Good luck unpacking.
Yeah, moving stinks.
I think my one of my favorite things about moving to a new area is how simple life is for a while and there's time to explore a new area. Yes moving just around the corner is a different story...and with 6 kids in tow too. Hope you settle in quickly..can't wait to see pictures!
Congrats on completing the first step of the move! The second step (unpacking, organizing, transferring info. etc.) is the FUNNEST part! :) I wish I was there to help out with the kids!!!
Post a Comment