Quinn ended up falling from the chair and landed face first on to the concrete floor. I'm sparing the details because it was so awful but there was blood everywhere and a lot of it! I promise not to mention the chunk of flesh dangling from inside his mouth that the ER Dr. had to cut out. It was such a mess we couldn't tell a tooth was missing until the hairdresser texted to let us know she had found it (root and all) on the garage floor. Needless to say, he has been miserably sore and neither of us slept well for a few nights.
Thank goodness for Priesthood blessings because he is healing very well. We are grateful the injuries were not more serious. He will not have a front/side tooth until the permanent one comes in around age 7 so we may have to put in a spacer, etc. He can eat most things again and is getting back to his energizer-bunny self. It was a rough experience for all of us so we're glad it's now in the past. Hooray for that!
7 comments:
Poor guy! (and poor mom:))
Oh my goodness! Hope he's doing better.
We're so relieved that he is doing better. I guess I'm glad I couldn't see how messed up he looked. He's been in our prayers and at the temple. I guess I should have put your name in too. Sorry for all of you.
Poor lil guy! I am so sorry for you all but glad to hear he is on the mend! Now if you could just get a break for a couple of days, right?
OUCH, I am told that I went down the kitchen stairs in a baby walker when I was 1. It pushed all my teeth back up in my mouth. I feel his pain.
Wow! That sounds painful...for everyone involved! Glad to hear that Quinn is doing better! What a story to tell.
Kinda reminds me of when I got hit in the mouth by tailgate lid of the old Mackay Blazer. McKay handed me a old hubcap to bleed into and Logan picked up my teeth.
Post a Comment