Thursday, January 13, 2011

Lest We Forget...

If it had not been for the much needed tax benefit...and a few other minor details including the whole Y2K paranoia that plagued the country, Brinley may have been spared a December 27th birthday!?! But, she endures it well!

Contemplating a 'wish' on her 11th birthday.

The perfect cake for this girl...turquoise is the rage!

After enjoying her first experience with 4-H and winning ribbons/prize money at the county fair in August, we decided a starter sewing machine could be put to good use.

G-ma M speared-headed this project and helped Brinley from start to finish. Even after my mother's valiant attempts at teaching her daughters to sew and requiring a summer project (shorts, nightgowns, etc.), I was really no help in this cause. There is a reason I do not own a sewing machine:)

Happy 11th Birthday Brinley! We love you!

3 comments:

Julia said...

Uhhhhh.... I NEED to move back to Rexburg. I don't know if you knew I got a sewing machine for Christmas. Luckily, I got 4 lessons with it, but the lessons are only once a week. I have NO clue how to work the thing, so I am just waiting anxiously week after week so I can learn something new. Hahaha....and then there is Brinley--who already has a pair of cute pants done.

Kristen said...

Congratulations, Brinley. Great job! Keep it up. We can sew or crochet together.

Kaylynn said...

I don't own a sewing machine either, even though my Mom made similar attempts at teaching us.