A few months ago, we first sighted our 'big bunny friend'. We followed his tracks in the snow and discovered he quite liked hanging around our place this winter (under the pine boughs). He was a frequent guest to our winter wonderland of white.
The white-tailed jackrabbit is still in existence in North America and can be found in Yellowstone National Park (and our yard). Commonly referred to as Prairie Hare or White Jack, our 'big bunny friend' is no more.
Here is a view of the front yard taken today from our office window. It shows a few things worth mentioning; a) we've gotten a lot of snow this year, b) once the snow falls, it stays on the ground for a long time, c) Aaron and the 4-wheelers' broken blade worked hard trying to keep the driveway drive-able, d) the banks were much taller than the children, e) IT'S FINALLY MELTING!
3 comments:
Poor bunny. :(
I would cry if we still had that much snow. Ours has all melted. I don't think I've ever looked forward to spring so much in my whole life. It has been a LONG winter.
That is a LOT of snow. I bet you are ready for it to leave. I am ready to see green. Plus you got to love dead animnal parts in your yard:)
Is the snow gone yet?
Post a Comment