...waking up to fresh donuts and chilled orange juice!
At least, our kids are convinced that such is the case...
(We also had scrabbled eggs & sausage so it wasn't all sugar)
Tanner and Brinley enjoyed a little decorating the night before.
Thanks to G-ma P for the yummy Valentine's package!
Thanks G-ma M for stopping by this afternoon.
Jantzen and Quinn are checking out their various cards.
Brinley and Aaron were especially thoughtful!
Loading up the backpacks with Valentine's for their classmates.
Okay, well not the older ones--much to their dismay...
Elsie LOVES preschool - especially today.
Scavenging for left-overs?

We started a new tradition this year with our "Jar of Love".
During the week surrounding Valentine's Day, we draw a slip of paper from the jar at breakfast time and do whatever the small act of service/activity is for that day. So far, so good.
This book represents my family 'gift of love' this year.
It's been 5 years since my Heritage Makers book stint so thanks Groupon for inspiring me
to get back on the "photo-book bandwagon"!
It was serendipity to recently find and borrow a few photo gems from my Aunt Jackie's blog.
The one of G-pa K above and the one of Great G-ma Annie in front of her house - the same house I am standing in front of with the kids below.
And although Aaron is more than a thousand miles away today,
he still surprised me with flowers and a treat.
Happy Valentine's Day!
I'm a lucky woman!


7 comments:
Look at you guys getting all festive! Hope you all had a great Valentine's Day!
What is the world coming to when you celebrate Valentine's Day on a much grander scale than I do? Good work!
Did you ever see the comment on my blog that I think you look like Stana Katic (Kate Beckett on Castle)? Every time we watch an episode I think of you and seeing those last pictures of you and Aaron made me think it again.
Way to go Heather! No more claiming holiday challenged for you. What a fun day and a fun book..
Hey, I am happy you found some pictures you could use. I have 'borrowed' pictures from blogs too. I am all into digitalizing all those old family pictures.
I went the "holiday challenged" route. I had to make sure someone in the family continued the tradition.
I just used up my groupon for mixbook as well. I have to say though I think shutterfly has better quality and will go back to them. Your book looks cute.
Nice Valentine surprise. I can't wait to see the book. You know I love family photo books.
Post a Comment