Monday, May 28, 2012

A Dreamy Weekend Getaway...

I think Aaron has spent as many days 'out of town' as 'in town' this month.  Fortunately, I was able to join him for a conference in Atlanta, GA earlier this month.  Special thanks to the G-parents that made it possible for me to disappear for a few days.  


Once the conference ended, we were on our own schedule. 
 A rare and beautiful thing in my life:)


Visited lots of local attractions - all the 'freebies' around.  
My sister, Libbie, would have been proud.


Lots of random artwork in town.



The weather was amazing - outside.  
I'll never figure out why whenever I travel to warmer climates, I freeze! Why do they keep everything inside (shops, restaurants, etc.) so cold?


View outside the second hotel we stayed in.  
Yep, more statues.


View inside hotel from 14th floor (there were 22 stories).


A little bargain shopping at the outlets - we scored some great deals.


And the sales lady gave us an extra 10% off the $78 for this quality sports jacket for Aaron!


Because we were in Atlanta during Cinco de Mayo, we visited the happenings at nearby Olympic Park.  I almost laughed out loud during this performance until Aaron reminded me they were not kidding - seriously?!?  We didn't stick around.


During the conference we stayed at the Ritz-Carlton on Peachtree Street.  Fancy shmancy indeed.  Even the toilet paper rolls receive royal treatment.
(We didn't pay for anything our first night in town.)


Unfortunately, the anticipation of this lobster feast was actually the best part about this meal.


My fish dish won the prize.  
Then we had to pay for the rest of our meals.


So we checked out Tuk Tuk's Thai place - yum.


And double yum.


Another meal - at a Brazilian grill.  All things meat.
We also found an authentic southern bbq joint that scored big on our favorite foods list.

However, the grand prize winner in the fabulous food department was....


Best mexican meal ever - no question.


It really was the perfect weekend and a much needed change of pace for us both.  We even made time to drum up a new summer chore chart...

5 comments:

Jeff & Liberty said...

Glad y'all could get away together. You found great Mexican in Georgia?!

Malinda said...

That is dreamy! You deserve it. I did laugh a little that you made a chore chart while you were on vacation.

Stephanie Marcum said...

I agree about the air conditioning. I have to take a jacket if we go to a nice place to eat. Even the grocery store. Jared and I just spent the weekend in Wakiki for our anniversary. It was fun. Always good to be with our best friend. :-)

Hilary said...

I was super worried you wouldn't have time to work on your chore chart. Phew, crisis averted!

Kristen said...

Glad you had fun on your little get-a-way! The Gparents had fun too. The kids were awesome! The weather no so much but we made the best of it.