Sunday, June 3, 2012

Replay on May

So it was a crazy but good month.  Just a few tidbits for the record - otherwise I'll forget...

Field Day Fun 

  Jantzen and Anna also qualified for the Pacers Fieldtrip (by running 50 miles during recess time) and had a terrific time at Fat Cats and Porter Park doing a variety of activities.


Quinn felt extra special with all of the attention from Anna and Jantzen's friends...


Jantzen's class did a 6-mile "Bike Hike" and parents were encouraged to come along (only in the country). We even had a police escort and the Superintendent of the school district join us.  It's a fun tradition his teacher continues with her class each year.

Red team - you can only see back/side of Tanner's head.

Tanner had a great track season and qualified to participate in the conference meet in three events - 100m, 4x100m relay and 4x200m relay.  Both relay teams placed.  The boys gave their award ribbons to one of their relay members not able to join them for the final race due to a family tragedy/death.  It made their successes all the more beautiful.



 To say that Jantzen LOVES playing the recorder would be an understatement.  And he's actually very good at it and this concert was a "big deal" in his book.


Anna's class held a talent show where she and MacKenzie performed a gymnastics routine together.  Anna also played "Ecosaisse" on the piano.


Anna with Mrs. Bates - 2nd grade teacher


Jantzen with Mrs. Garner - 3rd grade teacher


Jantzen with Principal Mr. Boice - they have a great relationship:)


Brinley's last day at the middle school with team teachers Ms. Dick, Mr. Bates, Mrs. Dye 


I took the kids out for a special treat after their final day of school.
Had a great time but forgot to smile...

A few other noteworthy events - Brinley (along with 20 students from around the valley) played in a special violin concerto with the local high school orchestra.  It was awesome!  This was a real honor and she did a fantastic job.  I have video recordings of a few concerts/recitals but without Aaron around, I haven't bothered trying to figure out how to post them.  And because I was too busy accompanying Tanner during his cello recital, I didn't get a recording or good pics.

Another baseball season has come and gone for Jantzen.  He played on a competitive team this year which really helped him decide whether or not he wanted to continue with the sport.  Getting 'beaned' in the leg during the first game didn't help any, but he rallied and had some great hits this season.  The final verdict, however, is that he'll do soccer next spring instead.
I'm okay with that.  Baseball games are long:)


Quinn went on his own field trips almost daily during the month of May - to the front porch.  He has a real thing for packing lunch bags with random pantry food items.  And he carried this gallon jug of oil around for days. 



I enjoyed having my two 'sidekicks' around during the school days. 


Here's how we fingerpaint around here - in the bath tub only.



I took the children to visit a few cemeteries on Memorial Day.  
(We concluded that Magdalena's name was misspelled on the actual headstone but not this monument).


On the side reads 2 Timothy 4:7
"I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith."
So true.  We have a great heritage.


My maternal grandparents - together again.


I enjoyed sharing ancestor stories with the kids while we traveled.  It was a lovely evening.


And to those still living - we love you!  Happy Birthday LaVerne!  
You are definitely the 'youngest 90-year old' around.

5 comments:

Malinda said...

It sounds like you have really good schools/teachers in your neck of the woods.

I love the picture of Quinn with the jug of oil. What a funny kid!

Aaron said...

Wow! Amazing what you can get done when I'm out of town. :) Love you sweetie! So good to be home again.

Kristen said...

Wow! Congratulations to all of the kids. They are all doing a great job developing their talents and you are doing a great job coordinating their lessons, practices, games and events. Amazing! Thanks for visiting the graves. We appreciate it. Thanks, Quinn, for packing your own lunch every day! Good job!

Stephanie Marcum said...

Brinley looks so old. I can't wait to see you guys.
Alison

Tricia said...

I missed Jantzen's recorder concert? Bummer.