Sunday, June 24, 2012

Randomness...



A brief recap on some of what's been happening this month.


While Aaron and Tanner were enjoying their American History/East Coast trip together, I loaded up the other five kids and headed to Utah for a few days.   We stopped for an afternoon visit to Hilary and Adam's place before arriving at G-ma and G-pa P's home later that evening.  Since we brought our Sunday clothes for cousin Lillian's baptism the next day, we decided to attend my cousin's fancy/elegant wedding reception (Chase & Emi).  Sister Elaine Dalton was there along with other "important people".  We stayed much longer than anticipated and the kids really enjoyed themselves.
Bonnie's yummy dessert table
Jameson, Jantzen and Garrett made this their first stop.

After Lillian's baptism, the family gathered for an afternoon meal.  With freedom from Sunday obligations, I opted to spend another night at my parent's place before returning home Sunday afternoon.

Late Sunday evening, I picked up Aaron and Tanner at the airport and we made our way to Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center (EIRMC) to learn more about the situation of Aaron's brother, Cameron. He was in a serious ATV accident the day before and had to be life-flighted off the mountain.  The diagnoses of a broken pelvis was dangerous enough but things went from bad to worse when Cameron aspirated during prep work in O.R.  He spent nearly a week in a medically-induced coma to allow his lungs to heal before the surgery could take place.  It's been a rough go but many mighty miracles have taken place.  Cameron and Kasey have been greatly blessed though there are challenges yet to be overcome.

Meanwhile, the kids made welcome home signs and had a treasure hunt for Aaron and Tanner.
We loved hearing Tanner's report of their adventures exploring numerous historical sites and time spent visiting Tricia and McKay's family.
We find random things around the house all the time.
Our first thoughts are always - Quinn's been here.
I opened another drawer a few minutes later...
Quinn's handy-work once again?  I was beginning to question things - until Brinley started laughing.   Yeah, Quinn started with the cucumber but then she took over and really had us going...

Aaron took Tanner and Jantzen to the ward Father & Son camp-out (rained all night, etc.) while I enjoyed an evening out with a friend - listening and laughing to good ole' Bill Cosby.  Sometimes it's lovely having a 'built-in' babysitter... thanks Brinley and Asia!

Then Julia came to town and we got busy with our mini-makeover in the dining nook and music room.  Yeah, she's awesome.  And I totally love painting with her - being 6 ft. tall definitely has its advantages.
Thanks again for the extra motivation and helping hands Julia!
Pure delight to see all six kids playing together...
Not sure how they managed to fit in this kiddie pool at the same time.
The hammock - a great Mother's Day gift from Aaron to me.
I laughed out loud the other day when Jantzen asked me if I'd even been on it yet...:)  
Hmm, what do you think?
It has become an annual event to watch a local air show each summer.  During a practice run the night before, one of the planes went down in an accident.  Miraculously, the pilot walked away from the crash but his plane was destroyed.
We skipped on the 'breakfast in bed' thing since Aaron had to be to church by 6:15am.  Nonetheless, the children had plenty of gifts to share with him later in the day.  They are so lucky to have such a devoted Dad - it was a fantastic Father's Day!


2 comments:

Kristen said...

We've loved your quick visits. Thanks for sharing all those other activities you manage to fit into each day. That was a cute joke from Brinley.

Malinda said...

I loved the cucumber/fruit story. Brinley has a good sense of humor.