Early Tuesday morning Aaron drove me to the nearest airport and I began a day of travels. After traversing through four different airports, I finally made it to South Carolina. Being greeted with the huge smiles of Benson and Sadie (and Jeff) made it all worth it. (It's been over two years since I've seen my adorable nephew and niece and brother-in-law).
I spent the next few days doing laundry, cooking, cleaning, organizing, playing with the kids, foot zoning, encouraging Libbie to eat/drink often, etc. She is making progress and usually sees it best when looking back. One morning after dropping the kids off at school and taking Jeff to campus, we needed a few items at the store. She planned to wait in the car while I went inside but I convinced her to come along. It didn't matter that she was in her pj's - Libbie had her first experience cruising around in 'the jazzy chair' - electric chair. Unfortunately, my focus was not on documenting our time together but this was a picture I wish we could have taken! We laughed and laughed at ourselves. Watch out - "she's got skillz" - beep, beep, beep!
Another morning Libbie pushed herself a bit to get to the beach. I think she was committed to seeing that I had a 'beach experience' - even if it wasn't for very long.
With heavy-duty equipment around, I almost felt back home in the country.
However, this guy was grooming the sand not plowing potato fields.
I did get my feet wet and almost wished I had my suit on - the water was so warm!
| Sadie, me, Benson |
Our five days together flew by and all too quickly I was boarding another plane homeward bound.
I sure adore these two kiddos and am so glad to have spent a little time around their place. And for the record, the kids had some great one-liners but a favorite one mine came when I asked each of them if they thought their Mom would have a boy or a girl. Benson said a boy. Confidently, Sadie replied that the baby is 1/2 boy and 1/2 girl. We love you guys - you're in our prayers!
And Aaron is my HERO!!!
It was his idea to send me out for a few days even knowing he'd be Mr. Mom + Mr. Dad = a LOT of work around here.
But I did make it back just in time - before the day ended - to wish him a
HAPPY 40th BIRTHDAY!
Forty reasons why I love this guy.
And a gift certificate for a spin bike.
And a bag of beef jerky.
Brinley made a tasty cake and our neighbors brought over the fixings for the "Cookie Monster" dessert at their ever popular Pizza Pie Cafe. Another friend brought Aaron homemade cinnamon rolls with 'black' frosting. Birthday phone calls and messages put a smile on his face. Perhaps his favorite gift was having me home again - though he did an impressive job with the extra responsibilities he had this past week:).
| Janene - 66 yrs on Friday with Aaron - 40 yrs young! |
Happy Birthday Aaron!
You're the best.
6 comments:
Oh man, Aaron is 40? I wouldn't have pegged him for a day over 45. It's been a real honor to watch his decline over the years. Happy birthday Aaron.
McKay
Thanks so much for coming out to help! It was great to spend the time with you and your assistance was invaluable. We will all remember this special visit so fondly. Plus, I really love that my linen closet is organized.
What a fun trip and awesome that you could help Libbie and that your husband took care of things. And Happy Birthday to Aar-dog! We are all heading towards that big 4-0. I wish you could come and organize my house and zone my feet:)
Happy Birthday Aaron The Lewis,s
Hope you had a Happy Birthday, Aaron. Thanks for helping out Libbie by sending Heather and taking over at home. That was an awesome thing to do!
Spin bike is in process. You might need to check with me on it again next week.
Post a Comment