It's a glorious day when the kids are old enough to coordinate and complete school projects all on their own - especially since I've never been one of those moms to really help out much. I didn't like doing such projects as a kid and I really don't like doing them now:) Fortunately, my two oldest have breezed through them for the most part. Whew!
| Brinley's tasty cake rendition of an animal cell |
Elsie lost her first tooth this past week. There are several more waiting in the wings. She only had to remind the tooth fairy once. And that's no small accomplishment.
![]() |
| Anna's cute Leprechaun before he joined the recycle bin |
Brinley's teeth are now covered - with a full set of braces. We took this picture bright and early as we headed to the orthodontist's office. It'll be a while before we see them again and just wanted to remember those 'naked' teeth.
They weren't exactly thrilled about posing for me but it's hard to remember something we don't have a picture of! And some day I hope to get actual video of them playing the piano. Nonetheless, they played at festival on Saturday and again in a recital last night. Because they were so anxious to get to their elementary school art show, we left the recital early. They were to be presented with their Bach/Beethoven busts for completing six festivals thus far. Congrats to Anna and Jantzen!
Today Quinn brought me a lemon and asked if he could have it. As I started cutting it up, he became concerned that he would have to share it with the others. I assured him he could enjoy it all by himself. And he did. Funny - he never even puckered up but acted as if he were eating a sweet orange. That was a first.

5 comments:
I can't believe he ate that lemon. I don't like projects either. It takes so long to grade them.
I always assigned my students the edible cell project. I loved how creative they were and at that point of my life I never really thought about how the parents would feel about it. :) Brinley's looks awesome!
A whole lemon without puckering. Wow.
Our tooth fairy should have been fired years ago. It is a tough job. I would love to hang out with Quinn and have some lemons.
Our tooth fairy stinks. The last time the fairy was even mentioned at our house was in the following statement,"Mom, these 2 teeth have been under my pillow for a month and the tooth fairy still hasn't come". I told her to go tell Dad to fire the tooth fairy, which he did. Still looking for a replacement. . .
Sadie loves lemons! She eats them like they are candy or something and begs for them all the time. Who knew?
Post a Comment