After months of preparation and hours of practicing - it's all over now.
Last Saturday (April 5), Brinley performed Vivaldi's Concerto in G minor, op. 12 No. 1 in the ISU Young Artist's Violin Concerto Competition.
| Grabbing a quick lunch at Subway |
She played beautifully (I listened behind a stage door) and we are so proud of her decision to pursue this ambitious goal!
| Anna came along to show her support. |
It was the first time I have ever paid for an accompanist - money well spent.
I would have had to really practice:).
Flashback - At age 14, I participated in the Young Chang Piano Competition in SLC and remember feeling SO nervous before playing and SO relieved afterwards. Brinley took it all in stride so graciously. I think I felt more nervous than she did.
Rotunda at the performing arts building on ISU campus.
| From the balcony looking down - Anna "meditating"... |
| Brinley and Anna share ice cream while listening to General Conference in the car. |
As it was a closed audition so no family was allowed in the concert hall, the rest of the family stayed home. Fortunately, Brinley, Anna and I were able to hear General Conference on the radio in transit to and from the competition. Before heading home, we made a quick stop at Winco to stock up for the Sunday sessions "word cups" - and bought Brinley a well-deserved ice cream treat. It was cheaper than a DQ drive-thru and we were short on time.
We love General Conference weekend!
The messages were so inspiring and we felt energized in our efforts to live the gospel.
Check out these colorful new shoes.
Elsie is the persistently proud owner of a new pair of running shoes. She recently qualified for the Pacer's Fieldtrip (at end of school year) after completing 40 miles. Good job Elsie!
Festival rolls around quickly - twice a year (April/November).
Typically, Jantzen and Anna perform their piano pieces for a judge on a Saturday morning. Because Jantzen had to be out of town for a soccer tournament on Saturday, he received permission to play late Wednesday evening instead (right after I taught a RS meeting - Family History & Blogging 101).
| Mark and Jantzen - musical athletes |
Looks like Jantzen wasn't the only one in that situation as we ran into his friend, Mark.
Can't you picture black name tags on these boys?
| Quinn & Elsie at Kiwi Loco |
In an effort to encourage reading for first graders, Mrs. G. has set up a motivating reward system. Elsie is all about earning free frozen yogurt treats! Reading 50 books is totally worth it for her. And Quinn loves to tag along whenever Elsie redeems her vouchers.
| Anna helping in the kitchen. |
It's been an action-packed week with orthodontist appointments, music lessons, soccer practices and games, Tanner's track meet, gymnastics, new client foot zone appointments, art classes, school stuff, church stuff, etc. It was a beautiful sight to see Aaron walk in the door after returning from LA! Just in time for an action-packed weekend.
| Elsie and Quinn help G-ma M make rolls for family luncheon. |
Aaron and Jantzen were an hour south at a soccer tournament all day while I took care of things at home. Saturday evening, we hosted a dinner/game night gathering for Aaron's parents/siblings.
| Jantzen, Anna, Lillian (cousin) |
A few of us left the party for a bit to attend Jantzen and Anna's piano recital.
Cameron and Kasey came to town from Arizona for the blessing of their new baby, Jett (b. Jan. 3).
Six of Aaron's eight siblings/families and parents attended sacrament meeting in Kasey's mother's ward today. We enjoyed reconnecting and eating yummy food together at a luncheon afterwards.


1 comment:
Congrats all around! I'm not sure how you make it all work, but I'm impressed that you do!
Post a Comment