Saturday, April 26, 2014

Spelling Bee-cuz It's Fun!


Anna & Kenli
Anna was selected to represent her elementary school at a multi-district 4th Grade Spelling Bee this weekend.  She seemed "cool as a cucumber" up on stage in the high-pressure situation and successfully made it through several rounds.  Congratulations Anna! This girl can s-p-e-l-l!  She's already asking when she can do it again...'bee-cuz' it was so fun.
It's fortunate that Kaylynn's parents live 30 minutes away from me and that she drove down from Canada to pick up a horse trailer.  So glad we could coordinate a morning footzone before I dashed out the door to help in Elsie's classroom.  Since the rest of the K-1 Crew has dropped off the blogging bandwagon, they won't know what they missed...:).
I sure enjoy listening to Brinley practice her violin.  
She is constantly on the go as her social life is in full swing these days.
We woke up to this following Earth Day.  
Mother Nature - reminding us who's da' boss.
Tanner completed temple work for some M. family names this week and participated in a Deseret Industries service project.  He's juggling a full schedule with school/homework, track practices/meets, Priest Quorum responsibilities and work at HCP.  I think he's counting down the days until summer break...

Other random happenings of the week:
After enduring a painfully slow internet connection for long enough, Aaron spent time running cable up in the attic and we relocated our satellite (finally a new cel tower in the area).  Though not lightning speed, it's much improved.

Nobody likes to discover fraudulent charges to your personal bank account while updating financial records.  We quickly cancelled a few cards and contacted appropriate sources.  We're grateful the amounts were relatively small!

Another fieldtrip for Anna - to the Legacy Flight Museum.

Primary party for Quinn - he LOVES Sister Leatham.  She's an awesome teacher.

Kindergarten pre-registration and updated immunizations for Quinn.  Check.

To say that the nurse at the Dr.'s office was surprised to learn that Quinn had never been seen before would be an understatement.  Honestly, it's the first time since moving here (almost 7 years) that I have actually taken one of our children to a pediatrician's office.  My motivation this time was the fact that our insurance would cover immunizations.

Rainy soccer games, preschool, play-dates, music lessons, gymnastics, foot zone appointments, date night with Aaron.
Life is good.


3 comments:

Kristen said...

Congratulations, Anna! I love hearing about all the kids' activities and accomplishments.

Tricia said...

Thanks for the post. Way to go Anna on the spelling bee! I wish I could hear Brinley play the violin some more! Miss you all!

Tricia said...

Thanks for the post. Way to go Anna on the spelling bee! I wish I could hear Brinley play the violin some more! Miss you all!