Sunday, February 8, 2015

Computer Nook & Dancing

I love watching my oldest and youngest together.  
Makes my mommy heart happy.
 A few weeks ago, Julia (sis-in-law) and I were chatting after Sunday dinner when she randomly remembered a blog project deadline she had for one of her sponsors.  It was a small project requiring her to select from a specific palette of colors.  Though she has countless projects to do around her own house, all of them are pretty major and she needed something quick and easy since Chris is recovering from a recent back surgery.  I was happy to oblige and provide the kids' computer nook area as the perfect little spot for a splash of color.
 Painting this area has been on my mental bucket list for a while.
There have been a few marker-to-wall moments over the years.
My hesitation - the extensive edging required!
 With Julia's deadline and $100 budget from her sponsor (ACE Hardware), we scheduled an evening to paint the area together.  Have I mentioned how much I LOVE painting with that woman?  (Yes, I'm sure I have but not since our last painting project a few years ago).
 She's the edger and I'm the roller.  There isn't a better painting gig on the planet!  And since she has a steady hand, she doesn't bother taping off.  What!?!  Is that even possible?
 Of course, it took longer than anticipated (3 hrs.) so I sent her home by 10pm because it was way passed her/my bedtime.  I finished things up in the morning and she tied up the loose ends later in the week.  It's pretty amazing what she manages to accomplish with her blog along with the consistent content writing she does for Houzz online (4 articles per week!).
 Julia took the once black chairs home with her and spray painted them white.  She also made/framed a cool family picture for us and threw in this clock she had in her storage room.  
 We were going to update the mousepad but ran out of time so that's my next project.
Prior to discussing this quick project with Julia, I had purchased this runner ($29) online in anticipation of getting this area painted.  How convenient that one of the color choices available for her to work with was nearly identical to the wall color of our dining nook and matched the runner I already had!  Her scheduled date to post about this project is some time in March.  I'm sure her pictures will look better than what I took but I'm super happy to cross this nook off my bucket list!  Thanks Julia!
 Not sure when the kids will be able to build another snowman.
Crazy winter weather with temps in the 50's all week!
The melted snow has revealed how extensive a lawn problem we have on our hands but that's a post for another day.
 No wonder I can never find a working flashlight.
It doesn't matter how well I hide our supply.  He finds them every time.
 Never mind that he has his own headlamp.  One source of light is apparently not enough for Quinn.
The middle school sponsored a Daddy-Daughter Dance on Friday night.
 When Anna heard a few of her friends talking about taking younger sisters along, she decided Elsie could join in the fun.  Elsie was totally ecstatic to be included for the night.
 The turn-out was impressive as girls/dads filled the school gym.
Fortunately for Anna, she has a pretty cool Dad that actually knows how to dance:).
 Aaron, Anna and Elsie all enjoyed themselves and perfected a few of their favorite dance moves.
 Saturday evening we hosted an impromptu root-beer float party.
 Cameron's in town from AZ and brought Jett and Jagger over to spend time with cousins they don't see often enough.

Jett (age 1) couldn't get enough of this.  He kept putting his face into the cup much like Winnie-the-Pooh's attachment to his honey pot.
Elsie, Jagger, Quinn
 We also enjoyed having them join us for church/dinner today.  It was cute to watch Jagger (Sunbeam) happily marched into primary. He loved playing with Quinn back at our house.  I must say that Brinley did an outstanding job as our youth speaker in sacrament meeting.  G-pa P would have been proud.  She referred to bullet points throughout, used scriptures, shared stories, and ended with her testimony. Well done, Brinley.
 Saturday was a mixed bag for Tanner.  He took the ACT in the morning (not exactly fun) and spent the afternoon/evening on a date with Anna H.
It's so fortunate that Tanner has had the opportunity of being involved with totally different groups of people for each of the dates/dances he's attended.
 After the ultimate game of NERF war at Kendall B.'s dad's house (new addition that has secret staircases, doorways, walls, etc. - every child's dream place), the group made homemade pizzas and decorated sugar cookies at another girl's house.

Then the girl's drove the guy's home so everybody could get ready for the evening/dance portion.
The Sweetheart Ball is a semi-formal girl's choice dance.

Tanner and Anna
Though life in our rural community is very different from her home in Berlin, Germany, Anna is enjoying every moment here.  Her English is excellent and she marvels at how nice the people are here. Tanner has enjoyed the cultural exchange between the two of them this school year.
Girls front: Eliza S.  Laura S. Jessica L. Anna H. (Germany) Illaria (Italy), Karli K.
Guys back: Jacob M. Daylan D.  Mitchell S. Tanner, Kendall B. Wesley B.

Ahh...another action-packed week behind us with another one just ahead.


1 comment:

Kristen said...

Computer room looks awesome. Tanner's dance and the Daddy-Daughter dates look fun too. Love Quinn's attachment for flash lights.