Sunday afternoon cookie baking is alive and well.
Anna and Elsie show off their "cookie-dough snowmen".
Though they prefer to bake treats, the kids are also pretty routine about writing in their journals.
Someday they'll be glad we encouraged them to do so.
Aaron was a little outnumbered at 5-1.
Quinn, Jagger, Greta, Bennett, Jett
Sunday afternoons - love them!
The 1950's themed girl's choice "Spring Fling" dance was held April 11th.
Jane S. asked Tanner and they were part of a larger group but I don't have any pics. A good time was had by all and Tanner reported that the music/dancing this time around was the best thus far. Not as loud nor as obnoxious as usual. Thumbs up for good old-fashioned rock-n-roll!
Quinn has been anticipating his turn to be the "Star Student of the Week" all year long. His turn finally arrived last week. He made this poster by himself and I came into the classroom to share a few special things about Quinn.
As the Star Student, Quinn enjoyed all kinds of responsibilities - leading the class in the weather, calendar, Pledge of Allegiance, bell ringer, line leader, etc.
I volunteer in Quinn's classroom every other Tuesday to help with 'centers'. It's been fun getting to know the little people Quinn interacts with every day at school. Kindergarten is awesome.
I have also assisted Mrs. Bates 2nd grade class with the spring art program sponsored by the PTO on Thursday mornings. Clearly, I am not much of an artist, but I am a great helper for the lady that really knows her stuff. Elsie looks forward to having me around and since lunch is right after art, I often join her. She didn't love the idea of having me take her picture in the lunchroom but that's ok. I did it anyway.
| Lydia and Elsie in the lunchroom |
![]() |
| Inside Aaron's hotel in Nashville |
By the end of the month of April, Aaron will have traveled to Chicago, Los Angeles, Nashville, Las Vegas and Phoenix. I don't report much about what he does with work but let's just say he is a busy man in high demand. He doesn't love business travel but we're grateful for his hard work ethic and all he does to support our family and the senior care industry.
A partial view of an arboretum located inside the hotel.
![]() |
| FHE - we had a great turnout help clean the new space, put chairs together, etc. |
Countless hours have been spent preparing for the big move. After finding a location suitable for HCP and completing the renovation of the office space along with a million other details, Aaron went to work this morning at the new place. Of course, there is still a lot of work to be done. But we're much closer after this past weekend.
There's a dozen kids between Erik (Chief Operations Officer - COO) and Aaron. Only some of them were around for a picture after our joint FHE last week. The kids wiped down desks, walls, baseboards, vacuumed, washed windows, ate pizza and played on the cool orange chairs.
Here's an exterior sign on the building where HCP has been for the past few years. With a less-than-ideal parking situation and the need for current/future growth, it was time for a change for HCP.
JC packing up at the old office...
And this crazy guy too (Chris)...
HCP was at maximum capacity in old SRC (Satisfaction Research Center).
Friday and Saturday were the official office move days.
| Chris & Erik - 'man-ing' the grill |
Anything becomes a party when a BBQ is involved, right?
After getting home chores done and dropping Quinn off at a birthday party, I brought the girls over for lunch before tackling our next big project.
Julia and Faye - enjoy the awesome weather outside.
After a quick bite, I drove Brinley and Anna to the old office to start cleaning the almost empty space.
They worked for several hours before calling it a day.
We aren't done (yet) but they were done...if you know what I mean! Besides, Cameron and Janene called for helpers as they literally rolled into town with a U-Haul to be unloaded. Cam found an apartment here in town - good-bye Arizona.
Each Saturday, Brinley cleans the HCP office with either Anna or Jantzen (they rotate). Now it's going to require all three of them because the new space is so much bigger. Pros and cons...
HCP formerly took the entire upstairs floor of the Bell-Black Insurance building. Now, they have a main floor & basement set-up sharing the CountryWide Properties building further out from the downtown hub. Of course, with a new super Wal-Mart going in nearby, the traffic will eventually increase. Not my favorite thing - but something I've definitely been noticing around town lately! New move-ins and college students everywhere...our little community is expanding in a major way.
The new SCR - doesn't it look awesome?
| This is the first thing the SRC associates see when they come to work. |
Aaron and I did the painting - but not the lettering nor the pulse jig-jag in the SRC.
Thanks Julia!
New reception desk - Sara was a big help during the move.
It was an exhausting day and Aaron's back was not happy with him but he promised the kids to get the trampoline out. With such a mild winter, we didn't need to take it down in the first place. Then again, it's like a new toy!
It was an exhausting day and Aaron's back was not happy with him but he promised the kids to get the trampoline out. With such a mild winter, we didn't need to take it down in the first place. Then again, it's like a new toy!
By the time Sunday came around again, we were ready for a day of rest.
Right after I spoke in sacrament meeting anyway....
Right after I spoke in sacrament meeting anyway....











1 comment:
We were glad we got to see Aaron's new office this weekend. You have all done a lot of work. It is awesome!
Post a Comment