I'm feeling grateful for enjoying just an ordinary week with Aaron in town and for an uplifting Stake Conference weekend (Elder Larry J. Echohawk presided). It's been a busy travel season/year for Aaron and after November 21, he will remain home for the rest of the year. So happy he'll be around for all of December.
First grade is THE year for making stuff at school. I have an entire cork board full of Quinn creations at the moment. He sure giggled while reading me the ingredients that went into his Yucky Soup! My favorite part...listening to him laugh at what he came up with.
Anna has enjoyed a variety of activity day leaders over the years (ages 8-11). Finishing up with Sis. Green has literally been a real treat. She's been a wonderful leader and Anna will be missed as she moves into the Young Women's program next month.
This is the time of year when we focus more intently on counting our many blessings.
An attitude of gratitude never goes out of style and is something we're seeking to cultivate around here.
![]() |
| Putting up the driveway stakes |
Quinn likes helping Aaron out with projects around the house/yard. Each year we outline the driveway with stakes before snow falls because it helps tremendously when it's time to plow. Overall, we have enjoyed a fantastic fall season but Jack Frost will descend soon enough. I'm not ready for snowfall. With all of the comings and goings in our family life, I spend a lot of time behind the wheel and driving on icy roads hasn't made my list of favorite things to do. The farmers don't appreciate the dry winters we've had the past few years, but it's hard for me not to do the happy dance when the roads are clear.
Our ordinary week included lots of ordinary things. Piano lessons. Foot zone appointments. Basketball practices/games. Visiting teaching (new route/new partner - again). Temple attendance. Gymnastics. Up With Kids. Activity Days. Scouts/Young Women's. Dr. appt.
Not so ordinary was our date night on Friday. Aaron and I have lived in this area for 8 1/2 years and have never eaten at the Red Robin Restaurant (yum!). Nor have we been to the 'expensive' movie theatre 30 minutes away. The crazy thing is I received free tickets probably 4 years ago (no expiration date) and we finally used them (Bridge of Spies - Tom Hanks).
We're wild and crazy, I know.



1 comment:
Congrats on that date night! Way to go!
Post a Comment