After two days of travel we immediately went from the Phuket airport to a boat tour through beautiful islands. While visiting the islands, we swam, snorkeled and kayaked in the ocean.
Kayaking through a forest of bats.

We attended a Thai cooking school and prepared a different dishes.
I learned quickly to leave out the red/chili peppers - so spicy!
We attended a Thai cooking school and prepared a different dishes.
I learned quickly to leave out the red/chili peppers - so spicy!
Visiting a Buddist Temple at the top of a mountain.
I have no idea how they got it up there.
| Me and Emily |
The next day was Friday. We got up and drove to a stair "hike". It was more like an uphill ladder climb through scary and aggresive monkeys, but the view at the top was worth it.
Saturday morning our leaders suprised us with a trip to an elephant sanctuary before catching our plane ride to Udon.
| Brinley, Lauren, Dallin in classroom |
We also got to teach English to the children at the school.
Me and Lauren posing in the bathroom we tiled.
The finished bathroom with Lauren, Sophie, Emily and me.
| Carinne, Lauren, Me, Emily, Sophie |
Teaching a girl the word "jump".
Everyone takes off their shoes before entering homes, schools, temples, etc.
In Thailand, the feet are considered 'dirty'.
Saying our goodbyes to the children.
Audrey, Emily, Kenna, Me, Lauren, the top of Maddie's head, Ellie, Shania, one of the three Bens
After we finished the bathroom project, we started at a new worksite to help build a new school. The ground was covered in fire ants so we had to tuck in our shirts and socks to avoid too many bites. Eventually, we got rid of all the nests!
We had to dig a giant sewage hole with nothing but hoes and shovels. We also mixed cement by hand with the hoes which we poured into small buckets. Then we carried the buckets over to wherever they were needed.
Saying goodbye to the kids at the second school featuring my closed eyes.
| Maysen, Lauren, Kenna, Me, Sophie, Emily, Carinne |
(Side note we also got to see four investigators baptized in the two weeks we attended the ward.)
The day before we left for the airport, we traveled to a market on the Thailand/Laos border. The group wasn't able to go to Laos but we saw it across the river.
| Me, Collin, Emily, Dallin, Lauren, Sophie |
| Me and Kenna in Hong Kong |
|
|
| Leaving Hong Kong |
I personally did not fall in love with Hong Kong because it's not exactly what I was expecting. It's dirty, smelly, and overcrowded. Also, the buildings are falling apart. Sorry (Taylor and Jen) but I don't think I'll ever move to China - haha!
At the LA airport returning home
2 comments:
Sounds like an awesome trip! Sign me up, I wanna go!
Brinley, what a wonderful experience you had in Thailand. You learned how to tile a bathroom. What a useful thing to know. I am so happy that you got to go to the Hong Kong Temple. Thanks so much for sharing your trip!
Post a Comment