Sunday, August 25, 2019

Youth Trek 2019

Jantzen, Elsie, Anna - leaving for Trek
I drove up separately from the kids who rode buses.
Back - Pa Sutton, Owen, Paige, Bailey, Ma Sutton
Front - Cole, Elsie, Bethany, Ashleigh, Ezra, Robbie
Pa & Ma Black, Tyler, Jace, Parker, Jantzen, Porter, Jane, Lucy, Riley, Ana
Back - Carson, Tony, Spencer, Jesse, Will, Pa Leatham, Brylee
Front - Ma Leatham, Anna, Kacie, Kayla, Miraya
Henry's Fork Stake Youth Trek was held in Bone, ID from July 31 - Aug. 3
Food Crew - Ashley P., Heather W., Katie & Martin M.
The Church recently purchased a large parcel of land where regional youth trek groups rotate through all summer long.  Our stake was the largest the ranch accommodated with 750+ participants. Because I used to be on the stake trek committee (until I was released from Stake YW Presidency), I am somewhat aware of the logistics involved in pulling off such an undertaking.  My role to help our ward food committee was a piece of cake (no pun intended) compared to what my original responsibilities entailed.  It was nice to be at the site but not responsible for anything but the meals.  I also got to sleep in my own bed at night.                 
Elsie on the trail
Elsie, Gracie, Audrey (yes, that's dirt)
Elsie's "family" pulling into camp.
Chow Time!
Jantzen, Spencer, Clark & Parker
Sterilizing their dishes....sort of!
Anna loved the stew & cornbread but not me trying to snap a pic.
Aislyn & Elsie - sitting in the 'cook's chairs' instead of on their buckets.
Elsie - braids, Anna - playing "missionary tag"
Our ward playing games.  We had the largest number of youth attend in the stake.
Anna's "family" along the trek.
Anna's "family" at one of the water crossings.
Me in brown skirt passing out popsicles to the returning trekkers.
Jantzen's group along the trail.
Quinn supporting Bennett on his baptismal day.
Aaron, Bennett, Quinn

No comments: