Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Scheduling...the balancing act

I think the game Jenga could sum up yesterday afternoon for me...or perhaps Dominos? I am all about planning, scheduling, preparing, etc. to keep my sanity so when I got home at 9:30pm (from getting a haircut...because that is the only time it would work) to a message on my answering maching about needing to change Brinley's music lesson the following day...I had to put all the pieces back together again.

Somehow Brinley thought I was picking her up from school for her violin lesson (the usual routine) so when Tanner got off the bus without her, I loaded up the minivan and raced off knowing she had already been waiting at school for 25 minutes! Aaron had to run a few errands before leaving town and actually offered to take Jantzen and Anna (what a dove!) with him. Whew! During Brin's lesson I fed Elsie and then cruised home to pick up Tanner for cello lessons only to make a 'pit stop' and then meet Aaron in the parking lot of the grocery store to get Jantzen for gymnastics (because he decided he ABSOLUTELY had to be in proper attire). I dropped off Brinley, Jantzen changed clothes and Tanner joined us in the minivan. We took Jantzen to gymnastics and met Aaron yet again in another parking lot to get Anna this time (Aaron had to go back to work now). Off to cello lessons in town (once again).

Oh, but wait...what a surprise to find that Tanner's teacher was in Pocatello and FORGOT to call us...grrr! Since I was already in town and now had to wait for Jantzen, I went through a carwash (Elsie didn't enjoy this part) and then took the cello into the music store to be tuned (I don't dare do it myself), etc. We picked up Jantzen and headed home for a quick dinner/dishes. Aaron left for YM/YW and Bishopric meetings until 10:30pm in one car and I loaded up the five kids and took them all to Tanner's Cub Scout Pack Meeting (he was responsible for flag ceremony so we couldn't be late) in the other car. Good thing we got the car battery fixed in time!

Home again and now for the bedtime routine. That's another story. But let's not forget that Elsie is teething and was up at 3am. No matter....Aaron got in the shower at 4:15am because he had a 5am shuttle to SL to catch....who needs sleep anyway? A game of Jenga, anyone? I think I'll go to bed now.

3 comments:

Jeff & Liberty said...

Get some sleep!

Malinda said...

Wow - what a juggling act! You could have your own reality show on TLC. Good work at managing to get it all done . . . and still find time to blog it!

Cydnee said...

Holy Guacamole, Heather! I think I held my breath as I read about your day (the way you do during a frightening movie..."how is it going to turn out?") You are quite the Wonder Woman.