By now, most of you know we welcomed baby #6 on Wednesday, April 22, 2009 at 9:04pm. We weighed 7 lb. 6 oz. and was 22 inches long with lots of dark hair. The kids 'vetoed' my original name and 'voted' instead for Quinn Spori Marcum which is a good name for this little guy. The Spori is after my great-great grandfather, Jacob Spori, who was the first principal of Ricks Academy (currently BYU-Idaho) and a man with an amazing history. We've always liked the name Quinn.
Quinn was born at home and yes, we planned for that to happen. It was really the all-natural home birth experience complete with midwives and herbal drops... Dad looked in the backyard for the Indian pole and got a real kick out of the fact that we actually rented a 'birthing pool' which was set up in our bedroom. Unfortunately, I'll never know if being in water really takes the 'edge off' the pain because labor went TURBO mode and I never set foot in the pool! And to imagine that I actually thought of attending Jantzen's recital scheduled for that evening....
Honestly, it was a big decision to have Quinn at home and we are very grateful all went well. It was a wonderful experience for Aaron and myself to welcome Quinn in this way. After nine long months of pregnancy and the 18 days which have followed his birth, I can confidently say that the labor and delivery were the EASIEST part of this whole gig!
Happy Mother's Day to all of you out there! I'm certainly thankful for the 'mothers' in my life and for the extra helping hands we've been blessed with recently. Adjusting to life with six children under age 11 has been even more challenging than I anticipated but I draw inspiration from knowing it has been done by others...
I think all of the crying outside my bedroom door is a sure signal that those 'few minutes' are up for now!
7 comments:
Congratulations on your new arrival. I am glad that everything went well and hope that it continues to go well. You'll have to post some pictures of your little guy when you get your next spare moment. Ha, ha.
You're my hero! I'm really so relieved that the home birth was planned. I was freaking out for you when I thought it was an emergency "can't make it to the hospital" thing. I'm glad it went well and you are surviving the transition to 6 kids. If anyone can do it, you can!
p.s. What was the original name that got vetoed?
I am very grateful that all went well with the home birth, and that we didn't know about it ahead of time! With June Jr and Mr Worrywort Medical in our house, we would not have handled that piece of news very well.
Whenever Abigail pushes me to the edge, I am even more impressed that you can handle 6!
You're amazing Heather! can't wait to see pictures of Quinn when you have more time!
I'm glad things went well. I love the name Quinn. Can't wait to see pictures!
Heather,
We are so glad everything went well. I haven't called because I know you have very few of those "few minutes" to yourself and I don't want to interrupt those rare moments. But I am thinking about you and can't wait to see your family and esp. baby Quinn.
Um, real fast, I don't think we knew you were pregnant again. Congrats! And how did we not know? Your parents never spilled the beans. Congrats again!
Post a Comment