Sunday, June 21, 2009

Another Relaxing Bedtime Routine...

As a parent, don't you just love those situations when children 'test the limits'?  For some kids it doesn't seem to matter how consistent a parent is...they just keep pushing against 'the fence' thinking the outcome will somehow be different.  Tonight's "threat" was that 911 would be called on me if (guess who) was not allowed to go outside and jump on the trampoline...haven't heard that one up until now....always a new adventure! 

7 comments:

Kristen said...

I can just hear that one now! It was fun to have you all visit. I'm amazed at how well do manage the tribe. Love you.

Tiffany Salter said...

Oh no! I am sure Shawn would be happy to explain exactly what happens when you call 911, and why that wouldn't be a very good idea. Good luck!

Malinda said...

Nate and I have had this conversation many times. We’ve decided that our kids are either slow learners or just really stubborn. They know we won’t give into whining/fits, but they just keep trying. Luckily no 911 threats at this house (so far). That is pretty imaginative. Good luck to you!

larah said...

Now that is a new one to me. I get the BIGGER THAN LIFE fits but suggesting that 911 be called? Hmmm....Maybe that's the angle I need to take?! Good Luck!

Jackie said...

Wait until 911 shows up at your house and you have no clue why they are there! And they insist on searching your house because someone put 911 on speed dial and accidently pushed it and the 911 operator could hear the tv going in the background and thought someone was really hurt. I mean really speed dial? Who is going to forget the number for 911? And how much time does speed dial save when you only have to push three numbers?

Cydnee said...

Hey Heather, slowly but surely catching up on life (and friends' blogs). I sure hope you're doing well with your six kidos and no yard. I don't know your kids well enough to know who "guess who" is.

Melissa + Brett said...

Thank you for blogging. Whenever I think life is hard with my two, I read your blog, and realize I have it easy. You are amazing! 6 children under 11. WOW!