Thursday, July 30, 2009

The Delinquent Tooth Fairy

Since our children have the 'inside scoop' on the Tooth Fairy, it was no surprise to hear questions like, "Mom, when will you remember to put money under my pillow?" Better yet was the request for a REAL $2.00 bill because TWO teeth were lost within a day of each other.  Seeing as I am up routinely during the wee hours of morning nursing a newborn you would think I could get the job done!  And then there was the 'no cash on hand' issue to resolve.  I committed to my 7-year old that I would get to the bank asap and deliver the goods soon...

After stopping by the bank, I cruised home and asked Brinley to run upstairs and put money under the pillow while Jantzen was playing outside.  Later that day while we were all in the car together, she casually asked him if he had been checking under his pillow.  Nothing more was said.  That evening while I was preparing dinner, Jantzen walked into the kitchen and handed me back the money he discovered.  He assumed Brinley had put it under his pillow and proceeded to inform me that just would not do.  He wanted it to be a surprise so I would need to try again some other time.  Umm, really?  What kid does that?  Okay.

The next day my Dad stopped in for a quick painting job (of course) and I asked him 'try again' for me on his way to retire for the night.  The money has now been under Jantzen's pillow (for the second time) for three days.  I wonder when he'll find it?  Guess I'm finally off the hook!

4 comments:

Ker-Dog and the gang said...

Sounds like we went to the same "tooth fairy training" class. My kids always have to remind me. They always still act surprised and "believing" 3 days later when it finally happens. poor kids they have cousins that get "fairy dust" and all (sprinkled on their pillows)when the tooth fairy has been there

Tiffany Salter said...

That is too funny!

Erica said...

Oh my word! Laughing, laughing. So funny and sounds just like Jantzen to be honest. It's not really about the money, is it? :)

Tricia said...

What is the going rate these days for a tooth? $2.00? Cam has his first loose tooth now.