Friday, September 18, 2009

Quinn's surgery

I am happy to report that Quinn's surgery yesterday was successful.  It was a mighty early morning for us (and a special thanks to Janene for getting the older kids off to school) which made for a long day.   However, we were happy the procedure ended up being straight-forward as there had been some differences of opinions between various doctors.  The tylenol/motrin routine is helping with the pain as it's looking pretty sore and raw under Quinn's tongue.  He is eating well and today has been a better day.  Thanks to all of you for your prayers!  Glad to have this one behind us...

Just an aside, the nurse assigned to Quinn's room in day surgery happened to be the same nurse that attended to Anna when she had her tonsils removed in January.  I remembered her because she was so wonderful and patient throughout Anna's ordeal but didn't say anything until she turned to me and said, "You're Anna's mom!".  Um, wow.  That girl really made an impression on the hospital staff....

5 comments:

Malinda said...

I'm glad everything went well!

8 months later and they still remember Anna. That is quite an impression!

Jeff & Liberty said...

Glad it went okay! Oh, Anna...that's too funny.

Bonnie said...

Glad everything went well and he's on the mend.

larah said...

Yea! I am glad that everything went well and that Quinn is eating and doing well!

Tay and Jen said...

glad it went well. Anna, too funny.