Tuesday, September 29, 2009

September Highlights

I'm not one to spend much time blogging the details of my life but thought I would record some of the 'big moments' we've experienced in the past two weeks.

Aaron and I celebrated our 13th wedding anniversary.  It's been a great ride and I'm looking forward to many more....how lucky am I!  We also celebrated Aaron's 29th birthday again.

We broke ground on our next project.  Yes, we're building our 'dream home' for the second time.  I do anticipate being able to live in it longer than 15 months this time around but then again...:)

Quinn's stitches have finally dissolved and he is a much happier little boy.  It has been a long five months with lots of crying and sleepless nights for both of us.  He really is adorable and we love to see him smile and giggle!

Aaron and Tanner enjoyed their recent overnight scout camp-out.  Tanner has wonderful leaders and he is well on his way with the Boy Scout program already.

We have made countless trips to Salt Lake over recent months and this past weekend we made yet another less-than-24-hour trip.  I enjoyed attending the General RS Meeting with Mom and Hilary at the Conference Center and listening to nephew, Jordan, speak in church.  He'll be a great missionary!

After seven years of 'blood, sweat and tears', we are no longer the owners of Arbor Senior Care.  It was always part of our 'master plan' to develop and nurture this little business until it could be valued and cared for by another.  Aaron can now devote his full attention to another passion - Home Care Pulse.  This new business has been in its infancy for some time and we are excited to fill the growing need for quality satisfaction among the home care industry.

And finally, I am looking forward to our "surprise vacation" during the Harvest Break from school.  The kids have no idea we are taking them to Texas for a week to visit my sister and have some fun!  I'm sure they won't be reading this blog until we are already on the plane...but, shhhh!

5 comments:

Jeff & Liberty said...

Updates are good!
Congrats on 13 years of marriage and the Arbor sale! Good luck with the new business venture and your Texas vacation!

Malinda said...

Wow, you've had a busy month! I'm glad that Quinn is doing better. Hurray for happy babies. Where is the new dream house?

larah said...

What a fun thing! A surprise vacation! And to someplace warm! I am jealous! Say hi to your sister for us!

Glad that Quinn is doing better!

Tricia said...

First of all, congratulations on 13 years of marriage! How weird, I think you were only starting year 4 when McKay and I married. Thanks for being our role models! How exciting to sell your company and break ground for a new home. Never a dull moment with the Marcum family! :) I'm glad Quinn is doing well. Have fun in Texas!

Jackie said...

Amazing how fast time flies. Wow someone in your family building a new house and moving. How surprising? That is why I ALWAYS ask if you have moved before I visit anyone in your family. One time I was just joking and you really had moved.