Thursday, November 5, 2009

Unedited...

A few more tidbits from today's  random lunchtime conversation with my 'ever observant' kindergartener...

"Mom, are we going to have another baby?"

Me:  "I think 6 is a good number."

"Yeah, but can Heavenly Father send just one more?"

Me:  "Well,.... let's just enjoy baby Quinn."

"But I really want a VAN!  There's more room!"

Okay.  I guess she really liked the 12-passenger van we rented during our family vacation in Texas but that is certainly not motivation enough for me to add another one...:)

Continuing with her thoughts:

"Mom, Aleeya is poor.  Her dad looks like a grandpa."

Me:  So you think her dad looks older than your dad?  That doesn't make somebody poor.

"But she told me they only have 5 more potatoes and she doesn't like potatoes." (Her storytelling skills are coming out here).

And more:

"Mom, Aleeya is smart."

Me: "Oh?"

"Yeah, she knows what 100 plus infinity is!"

5 comments:

larah said...

I love that you are recording these random and adorable conversations with your kids! You can't make stuff up that is as good as this!

JZM said...

Reminds me of the time I was complaining, while expecting baby #3, that we would need a larger vehicle (because 3 car seats don't fit in the back of a tiny 2-dr. car!). My little son, who wasn't quite in kindergarten at the time, pondered this information for a time, and then, brightening up, announced, "I know! We should get a bus! We can all fit in a bus!"
Problem solved.

Tiffany Salter said...

Anna cracks me up! Now if we can get Elsie to say more than Hi Abigail, those two girls could have quite the conversation! ha-ha.

Kristen said...

Those conversations are treasures. We love you all. Thanks for sharing.

Tay and Jen said...

Ha. I love that lil kindergartener of yours. So very hilarious. I love reading about your family. Your family vacation to Texas sounded mighty adventurous. Thanks for sharing tender mercy moments. Very precious.