Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Lunchtime Conversation

My kindergartener just returned home from school and we are enjoying lunch together.  Here is just a sampling of the current conversation:

"I wish I had another mom."

Me: "Oh, really?"

"Yes, one that was prettier."

Me: "I am pretty."

"Well, a mom that has long hair and wears earrings."

Me: "Okay."

"Maybe you could just be our aunt and we could get a new mom."

Me: "I'll have to look into that.   I'm not sure where to get one."

"Sister Weber."

Me: "But she has short hair too."

"Well, her hair is longer than yours."

I guess we have an 'opening' here for a lady with long hair and earrings.  Good thing I have 'thick skin'!  It was picture day at school this morning so perhaps that is where this originated?  Kids are funny!

8 comments:

JZM said...

Ha. And I always thought you were one of the prettiest ladies I'd met! Your kids just don't know how lucky they are! The rest of us might have longer hair, but we aren't prettier!

larah said...

Your post made me laugh. Kids say the darndest things. I am sure that if it came right down to it, there is no way your kids would trade you in! They couldn't advertise and get a better mom than you!

Tiffany Salter said...

How funny! I am not looking forward to the day when Abigail starts in with this kind of stuff.

Malinda said...

That would make me cry! Just for the record, you are one of the prettiest moms I know.

Kristen said...

I don't know whether or laugh or cry at this one. I'm sure you wondered yourself. Laughing is probably a much better alternative especially since you are sooooo pretty. Usually they say those kind of things when they are being punished for something naughty.

Melissa + Brett said...

Oh my goodness..where do kids come up with this stuff!? Sometimes I wish I could be in their heads just to skim through their thoughts. :) Thanks for sharing! It gave me a good laugh!

Kaylynn said...

I love funny stories. Kids are so funny. I should write mine down. Maybe you should get some earrings:)

Ker-Dog and the gang said...

That's funny! especially because you are as pretty as they come! I'm sure my kids have thought of trading up for a new mom a time or two!