On Monday morning Aaron drove me to the hospital where I checked myself in at the familiar wing of Day Surgery. I literally laughed out loud when the nurse showed me to my 'room'. Could it possibly be the SAME nurse that endured Anna's January visit and helped with Quinn's September visit? Yes, Melinda would be looking after me as well. I'm not sure it is such a great thing to be on a first name basis but we both chuckled like old-time friends! I may live in a small town but there are a lot of other nurses that work this part of the hospital. She is an excellent nurse so truthfully, I was glad to have Melinda around.
To make this all short and sweet for those who have not heard, I am now a walking tic-tac-toe board after enduring 43 incisions to remove benign tumors (lipomas) located mostly on my thighs and arms. Great places for a nursing mommy, eh? And I love the follow-up care that reminds me not to lift over 15 lbs. for two weeks. Such practical advice with a 7-month old in the house:) Fortunately, Mom stayed until early Friday morning and helped out tremendously. We could not have survived without all of her assistance! Thanks again Mom! And thanks for the prayers of you out there...I know they are helping with this healing process.
Obviously, this surgery was not life-threatening but I am already feeling a sense of relief at having at least 43 less tumors around (there are still more camping out). They were certainly 'cramping my style' and getting more painful/annoying as the years went by. Good times.
9 comments:
Wow. That is crazy. I am glad that your surgery went well and wish you the best in the healing process. We'll send a few prayers your way.
Heather, I am so glad you are okay. We didn't hear about the surgery until after the fact, and are so glad things are well. I wish I was there to help you around the house and just chit-chat. That's what we do best. I miss you!
Wow, I can't even imagine the pain of 43 incisions! I had one and it just about did me in. I wish I lived closer and I'd have Nate cook you up a yummy dinner that I could bring over (that's how we work compassionate service meals in this house). I hope you have a quick recovery!
I love that y'all had the same nurse. Wish I lived closer to help out. Bless you girl. Bless you.
Hope everything is going well
Yeah, I hate my fatty tumors. We'll have to talk one day. I want details.
McKay
Ok I swear word about the family never travels this far south. It is sad actually but I feel like I am the last to know about everything! Anyways I am so sorry you have had to deal with such things for so long. I hope you are feeling better and let me know if you ever need us to babysit for weekend or something. I can't believe you have more. Our prayers are with you.
I'm so happy that you are mending. That first night I could hardly stand having you so miserable. Love you all. Mom
I want to get mine removed too, I hate them. You'll have to let me know how the post op recoverey goes.
-Taylor
Post a Comment