Some have asked. Here's the scoop. I feel like I went to a BBQ and I was the kabob! No more slicing and dicing on this girl (at least for awhile). It's all about the insurance, of course. I am really not a fan of spending time in doctor's offices. Ultimately, I can thank my six beautiful children!
I had a lovely laser take care of a diseased section of veins in my right leg on Monday. Even though they numbed things up pretty well, I could feel the catheters/sheath literally moving up through veins. I really had to focus on something else when that burn smell began wafting through the room. Basically, the blood flow will take a detour now through healthier veins and the pain in my legs will decrease. The entire length of my leg was tightly bandaged until this morning when I told the nurse over the phone of my plan to remove it all a day early. She could tell I was serious so she gave 'permission' but told me not to shower until tomorrow. I get to wear my most favorite compression stockings I've donned so many times before for about three weeks and then all will be well. I'm not hurrying back to get the other leg 'fixed' any time soon but it will eventually need to be taken care of. I'm done having fun for awhile.
3 comments:
So sorry to hear about all of your fun adventures! I hope that it all feels better ASAP!
Yeah, I'm sufficiently convinced that I just might fall apart if I had any more kids. You are much braver than me.
I hope you feel better quickly!!!
Wow! If that is your idea of "fun" count me out! I hope that you get to feeling better really soon.
Post a Comment