Sunday, December 13, 2009

We Like Surprises!

Okay, so I was a little disappointed that none of the sibs had updated blogs within the past 24 hours....that is a favorite Sunday activity around our place! Never mind the fact that I am the most 'delinquent' of the bloggers....

It seems we are still doing the bedtime routine thing around here....it's similar to playing the old "Whack-A-Mole" game at amusement parks. Just when you think you've got one down, another one pops up! Anyway, that aside, I did want to mention the wonderful time we had attending the David Archuletta concert recently! Yes, I am a professed groupie of that amazingly talented kid! Hey, he's an MHS grad after all, isn't he?

Since December is also birthday month around here, we decided to take the four oldest to the concert for their birthday gift from us. It was a complete surprise to them up until we loaded into the car. David sang his little heart out and did not disappoint! The crowds were fantastic and he sounded just as good live which is hard to pull off even for seasoned performers! We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves together.

Here are a few of Anna's comments the following morning.

"I'm so glad David Archuletta is real and not a cartoon."
"I didn't know he was actually real!?"
"I want to marry him."

Okay, she's turning six! Yikes.

And can you guess where David was just hours before the concert began? At the temple. We just so happen to know a few people who work there and they helped him out while he was visiting. What a guy!

11 comments:

Bonnie said...

That's awesome. I shared it with Lillian and she says she wants to marry David first. Do you think Anna would be okay with that? Too funny! Glad you all had a great time.

Hilary said...

Now I feel pressure to have a new post every Saturday night. . .

Cydnee said...

Wow, I caught up on Hil's and your blog all in one night! You are a pretty regular blogger, considering you have six little people to watch after. Just as I told Hil, I can hear YOUR voice as I read your blog. I hope you're recovering well after your surgery. WOW! I don't know which sounds more daunting though--your trip to Texas with the fam or having those tumors removed. You are amazing!

Tiffany Salter said...

How cool is that? I am glad you guys had suc a fun time!

Tiffany Salter said...

oops- make that such.

larah said...

Wow! What a fun birthday treat for your kids! I am glad that they enjoyed the concert.

Jeff & Liberty said...

I'll admit, I've been lacking in the blog department. I need some inspiration.

Kristen said...

I just women and girls just love the crooners! And Dad always told the guys to play the piano. Females love that too!

Melissa + Brett said...

Okay, so I am seriously rolling on the floor laughing at how you described bedtime..."whack a mole." It's sooo true and I only have 2....I can't imagine being in your shoes!

Kristen said...

My comment doesn't make sense. It must have been late. I think that I meant to say that women and girls love the those male singers with the smooth voices,and piano players too.

AaronM said...

Definition of Crooner: to sing or hum in a soft, soothing voice...Perhaps this helps make the first Kristen post make a little more sense. :) - Aaron