Sunday, January 10, 2010

Music to my ears...

There are always pros and cons to the annual time change, but I am enjoying the extra time in the morning to get the crew ready for church. In our ward, if you're not sitting quietly in your seats at least 5-10 minutes early then you are 'late' for church. We have the most reverent ward around and people have worked hard to make it so. Obviously, I don't want to get there 'too early' with all six in tow so it's nice that Aaron can now stop by the house and pick up the older ones (Tanner is passing the sacrament). They save us a bench while I wrestle getting the younger ones loaded up. (It's a sad thing for me to wake Quinn up from a nap but that's how it goes...). Anyway, after getting the baby out of the carseat and sitting down on our row, I noticed a long blonde haired gal sitting in the side row to my left. She sure looked familiar. Ah-ha! I knew where I had seen her before....TV.

Yep. There sat Brooke White. For the American Idol followers, she finished 4th behind David Cook, David Archuleta, etc. Aaron conducted the meeting today and was tempted to announce a special musical number :). She is shorter than I thought she'd be and looked much younger in person. When I turned to help Elsie with something, she caught my eye and gave me that huge, familiar smile we saw during the shows. It was then that I knew she was definitely Brooke White. She performed on campus last night and stayed with a family in our ward that has a daughter in Brooke's ward in Los Angeles. I wondered how many people were familiar with her but apparently the youth took notice because after the meeting ended, a small 'fan club' gathered in the foyer and Aaron introduced them to her briefly. Although I wasn't able to attend the concert, I did, however, sit close enough to hear her singing the hymns today!

7 comments:

Malinda said...

That's awesome! She was one of my favorites that season. I probably would have joined the fan club in the foyer if I was there. :)

Kristen said...

How cool! You are one "hip" mom that you recognized her. I've seen her perform a couple of times during that season but I doubt that I would have recognized her. We had a young lady play the violin in church today. I could picture Brinley in just a few years doing the same thing. It was awesome.

Bonnie said...

Wow! That's Awesome.

Tay and Jen said...

Love all the pictures of your kids. I can't believe how grown up they all look!

Steph said...

Jealous! I love Brooke White. She performed with my friend Benton Paul who is touring with David Archuleta right now. I went to the gym on Saturday and Randi from So You Think You Can Dance was in the class! She has short blonde hair. She is married, lives in Utah and is Mormon! It was way cool! But I was too afraid to talk to her. You are lucky.

Hilary said...

I'm would have been part of her fan club, too. I'm kind of nerdy that way.

larah said...

So, did you say anything to her? Just curious. That is pretty neat though!