Here is a small sampling of complaints...can anybody else relate here?
"I don't have any cool stuff. I just have dumb stuff."
"Brinley has more better stuff."
"Why do I always have to clean my room?"
"I don't like this dumb closet with all of Elsie's diapers in it."
"I'm so poor. I don't have any money."
"When are you going to buy sugar cereal? All of my cousins have sugar cereal but we don't."
"The stuff in my treasure box is weird."
"I'm tired of Elsie taking off her diaper and showing her bum. I don't want to look at it anymore."
And this one really made me laugh...."I want to be spoiled."
Obviously, that 7:30am bus ride isn't a happy thing for this 'need lots of sleep' child of mine. Or maybe it's time for her to visit a third world country! Either way, she seems to be feeling much better now. Glad that's over.
6 comments:
I'm laughing out loud. She's right, life IS hard.
That is awesome! Emily came home from her friend's HUGE house the other day and I could see the beginnings of "why is my room so small?" We made sure to talk about the orphans in Haiti that night to keep her gratitude meter in check. :) And, we buy all kinds of sugar cereal. Hopefully that will keep them from feeling too picked on.
Cassidy isn't any better...more like why does Parker always get away with stuff? Why can't Parker do stuff for himself and on and on. Let me know if you find a solution to the "Woe is me" syndrome.
I can't say I blame her. I want cool stuff, sugar cereal, to not have to look at toddler bums, and to be spoiled too.
(ps- Who needs a third world country? Ship her to Vermont!)
Ha ha! This one really struck a chord with me. We also have a "need a lot of sleep" Kindergartener, and living in the boonies, she must get on the bus at 6:30 a.m. Not pleasant. Although the complaints about not having sugar cereal at our house usually come from the 9-year-old, our kindergartener has many of her own, which include most predominantly, "These pants feel funny!" "These socks feel funny!" "These shoes feel funny!" "I wish I didn't have school!" "Doing jobs makes me have bad dreams and then I can't sleep!" "It's too hard!" And on.. and on... Good luck. Maybe we should trade for a while. At least they'd each get a trade with the toddler bum they had to see for a spell. ;)
Funny. Esp. the part about being tired of seeing her baby sister's bum. I am remembering Anna wanting to wear Jessica's pajamas because "mine are weird."
Post a Comment