Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Proud to be...

A "Minivan Mom" once again!
I don't get attached to 'things' very easily but I was sad the day we sold our Honda Odyssey nearly two years ago. With baby #6 on the way, I knew our transportation options were very limited. I am all about convenience and efficiency and SUV's don't fit the profile when it comes to carting around little ones. Just hoisting the infant carseat up to the base was a serious workout! I could go on and on about the drama we've encountered every time we all load up and go out (which usually only happens on Sunday). But, I won't.

After listing our Yukon on Craig's List we received a call on it. We had not actually decided on another vehicle so we told the interested party we'd get back to them. Honestly, we didn't even have it cleaned up yet! On Saturday we took the Yukon into the dealership for maintenance, etc. and Aaron noticed a Honda Odyssey that had just been traded in. It just happened to be an 8-seater with all of the options we were looking for - with low miles! Oh, yeah! We called the people interested in our Yukon and arranged for them to look at it at the dealership (now that it was cleaned up a bit). We sold the Yukon and bought the Odyssey. Happy day!

And can you guess the color? White, of course.

7 comments:

Julia Marcum said...

I'm happy for you Heather!

Tiffany Salter said...

Wow- you guys have amazing luck when it comes to selling cars and houses. Guess those are the blessing trade-offs you get for all of the other drama in your life!

Griffin Family said...

We have a Honda Odyssey too. Love it!

larah said...

Is there any other color besides white? J/K. Happy for you! Yeah!

Malinda said...

Positively Providential!

Melissa + Brett said...

Brett and I are at the very early stages of thinking of car upgrading because when we have another it won't fit. I'm so glad for this post because as much as he wants an SUV ("for the towing capability", but we have NOTHING we need to tow) I am all about the van. Can't wait to have him read this post! :)

Sunny said...

I get teased by my siblings all of the time because I drive an Odyssey. But as far as I'm concerned, it is THE BEST CAR IN THE WORLD!!! At this point, I would NEVER trade it for anything else. Glad you love yours too :) Yippee for the minivan moms!