Friday, November 12, 2010

Fancy Free in San Diego!


I could get use to this.

When the opportunity came for me to join Aaron for the weekend

in San Diego, I didn't say no. Although the trip was work-related,
we mostly just played.
He was a presenter for a conference here at this fancy hotel.
(We stayed at the more budget-friendly Marriott Residence Inn).

We enjoyed strolling through Old Town and eating yummy Mexican food.

Had it really been 14 years since visiting this place? (honeymoon)

A little freedom from parental responsibilities = dorkiness.

Jeff and Libbie's wedding was the last time we visited this place together...
San Diego Temple.

Anything fried is good, right?

Even calamari.

The beautiful Balboa Park is always an amazing place to visit
as the nation's largest urban cultural park.

With over 15 major museums located within the 1,800-acre park, we took in a small sampling and especially enjoyed the Timken Museum of Art.
Watching these older folks was very entertaining.

They were serious about their game.

Yeah, I'm sooo lucky!! We had an awesome weekend.
(But coming home to a snowstorm was not cool.)

6 comments:

Malinda said...

What game are they playing? I'm just amazed by the head-to-toe matching outfits . . . and the knee-pad. :)

Looks like a great trip! I'm glad you got to go.

Jeff & Liberty said...

Fun! I'm glad you got to "tag along." San Diego is always a good place to spend time and relax...especially when the kids aren't in tow!

Tiffany Salter said...

I love San Diego too! Glad you had a great time!

larah said...

What a nice retreat! I am in the need of one of those right now myself, so, I am just a little bit jealous! Hope to see you over Thanksgiving break.

Ker-Dog and the gang said...

Looks like a perfect getaway!

Bonnie said...

Looks like a lot of fun. You need those weekends every once in a while. Miss you guys!