This year we skipped out on the trunk-or-treat. As the self-appointed 'bah-humbug' of Halloween, I did not want my kids collecting vast amounts of candy in such a sort period of time! Instead, we did the "drop and drive" method (houses are quite far apart out in the country) which required far more physical activity. I was amazed by how well little Elsie managed to keep up. She was motivated!
To soften the blow (the kids LOVE trunk-or-treats), we hooked up with a few of their friends and in the end, they had loot enough. The older children were able to stay up and watch a movie with their friends so all was well.
Our first stop was G-ma and G-pa M's place. It was fun to have both sets of grandparents in a picture with the trick-or-treaters! My parents were in town for the primary program which was the next morning. Imagine that one! (All the children sang their hearts out so the sugar-buzz proved to be positive?) Brinley and a few others played their violins and did a great job. In fact, the only blunder was made by yours truly. The piano player managed to open the program by playing the introduction to the wrong song. Classic.
Thanks to G-ma M for helping make Tanner's peddler/pauper digs. They were very cool although it's hard to tell from this picture (and you can't see the leaves in his hair, the walking stick and tin can props). Anna - Indian Princess, Brinley - Egyptian Gypsy, Jantzen - Football Player, Elsie - Butterfly Fairy and Quinn - Teddy Bear.
3 comments:
Your family is awesome and so was our weekend. We had a great visit!
I can't wait until I have that many kids to dress up. :) I LOVE Halloween. (Okay, maybe I won't have THAT many kids). We love you and miss you! Costumes look great.
I LOVE the new family photos in the autumn leaves!!!! They turned out so well!
I would love to hear Brinley play the violin.
Jessica was a butterfly fairy too. (I called her a butterfly and she called herself a fairy.)
Post a Comment