Thursday, April 14, 2011

Questions and Comments

Although Elsie and Quinn are only 21 months apart, their verbal skills fall at opposite ends of the spectrum. Quinn is very communicative - just not with words yet. Elsie is the 'chatterbox' that goes on and on and on. Sweet but strong is a simple way to describe her.

I loved the comment an older lady of the ward made to Aaron last Sunday after witnessing a lovely scene during sacrament meeting. She said, "It's good to know you're just a normal family like the rest of us." Hmm? What else would we be? I have never been one to 'put on a happy face' about the challenges of parenting so I had to laugh. Was she serious?

Anyway, because Elsie always has something to say, I quickly forget the 'gems' that come out of her mouth. Here are a few from today that I wanted to remember.

"I'm not whining anymore. My tears are off. They melted."

While I was changing Quinn's messy diaper she stated, "It smells like Arizona." When I followed up with a question to see what she thought Arizona was, she described how it is a place far, far away. I guess that's one way to measure stinkyness!?!

Elsie was explaining how things are going to work in our family when she declared, "I'm going to marry Quinn, Brinley is going to marry Tanner, and Anna is going to marry Jantzen because you married Daddy!"

We talk often about the Resurrection and she usually has a lot of questions. Today she asked me, "Who is going to hold on to me when I die?" Then she answered her own question. "I know. Daddy will hold on to me and you will hold on to Quinn."

"Out of the mouth of babes"!

5 comments:

Tiffany Salter said...

Abigail is always talking too and comes up with some real doozies! I am sure they will have very entertaining conversations when they see each other again this summer.

Griffin Family said...

Yeah, Arizona does kind of stink!

Bonnie said...

Here are a couple of my favorites that she said this past weekend.
"why is there a baby in your tummy and where's your daddy's (Bryant) baby?"

"how are you going to get your baby out" I'm leaving that one for you to answer here in a few years:)

Tricia said...

I'm glad you are writing these down!

Kristen said...

That one was precious. Stinky should be far, far away instead of close. Thanks for sharing.