Sunday, August 14, 2011

Sky Mountain Ranch


I was able to go to Sky Mountain Ranch for 2 whole weeks!
There were so many activities, projects, games, and so much more.
My classes included: Lamp-making, Rocketry, Pottery, and Wood-shop. 

Me and my team leader, Michael 


The back of the main lodge. This is where I ate and did many indoor activities. 


The path from my cabin.


A view of the Tetons


Me in my bunk.


I took this picture from the top of a mountain. The view would have been great, but the weather
wasn't the best. We were in a rain cloud. 


The wood shop/barn where I spent a lot of time.


I made the shelf/coatrack in wood shop class.


I created the duck there too.


This is the lamp I made in lamp-making. (I also had to rig the wires)

 I took these pictures on my overnight backpacking trip in the Lower Palisades.  






This was my backpacking group.







The dining room


The water fall and stream at the lodge


Me and Jacob C.


Me, Dad and Dick, the owner of the ranch (he had a firm squeeze).

His wife Sue and me



Linda and Richard (helpers) 

Me on the backpacking trip


At the top of Rocky peak (in a rain cloud).  



My home away from home 
(There were thirty boys as participants, and three cabins with ten boys in each cabin.)



My bunk



The toilet 



The washbasins 



The main room 



The shower (There were two of them)




The front area


The basement room in the lodge 



Some of the things I was involved in were these:

ranch working
cooking
cleaning
canoeing
horseback riding up mountain
service (building a fence)
hiking
water games
backpacking
classes
chores
bridge-building in the marsh
debates
new foods
ping pong
boat races
spiritual lessons
talent shows
"Ranch Olympics"
milkshakes and square ice cream
and a whole lot of FUN

                                I had so much fun and I am going to try to apply again next year!
 

 




7 comments:

Kristen said...

That sounds fantastic! What a great experience. I'm so happy that you got to go and that you learned so much. Thanks for blogging about it so we can all enjoy. The scenery was spectacular too!.

Bonnie said...

Wow! How fun for you Tanner. I hope you get to go again next year. Thanks for sharing.

Malinda said...

Great post Tanner! Now I'm looking forward to the time when my kids can do their own blog posts and I won't have to. :)

larah said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time. Good for you and great bog post.

Julia said...

Love that lamp, Tanner! So glad we got the full run-down on all your activities. Looks like you had a blast!

Tiffany Salter said...

Looks like fun, sign me up! Glad you got to have more fun than your Texas trip turned out to be. Thanks for blogging about all of your adventures!

Kaylynn said...

Did Tanner really write this? Or did you pretend you were Tanner? Either way it looks like an awesome way to spend 2 weeks.