And I don't mean the weather,
(although I did see white stuff on the rooftops this morning--grr).
This flag football season has been glorious - because of the weather!
It was also glorious because Jantzen's 'signature strategy' became....
catch an interception and score a touchdown by running into the end-zone!
He did this a lot:)
In fact, catching those interceptions gave him a chance to show his speed on the field. Fortunately or unfortunately, Jantzen also has/had one of the better arms so he played QB most of the time.
When the coach of another team saw him run, he later said to me, "I'd have him running every chance I could. He's fast!"
Did I mention the amazing weather?
Football requires a team effort and Jantzen played his part well.
Not a great action-shot but this was his favorite throw of the season - in the final game.
I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that he will gravitate towards another sport. Pads start next year. I'm not a huge fan of having my own child play football. Just not sure I can convince him of that!
1 comment:
Outside sports are so much better when the weather is nice. Sounds like Jantzen was the star player. I can't wait to see what the future of Jantzen's football is...
Post a Comment