Attending the General Young Women's broadcast with Brinley (first time) last Saturday reminded me that Aaron and I are entering a new phase of parenthood once again. Am I really old enough to be doing such things? Honestly, I remember so clearly attending those meetings myself as a young woman. Brinley and I enjoyed a wonderful evening together! What's not to love about listening to President Monson and eating DQ Blizzards aferwards?
The next day Brinley was very brave and spoke in sacrament meeting for the first time.
Way to go Brinley!
For safety purposes, I'm convinced kids need to learn how to be semi-comfortable in the water. This, however, is a real challenge to accomplish in our particular location. Lack of pools! After learning about an option for small group lessons in a teeny-tiny indoor pool at a local physical rehab, I signed Brinley, Jantzen, Anna and Elsie up for a 10-day session.
The logistics were a bit crazy, especially with Tanner's track practices after school every day (and no carpool situation) - :(. I was quickly reminded why I deliberately scaled back on all extra-curricular activities this year. Now that 'spring has sprung' - the natives are restless and ready to be active again!
It's a chuckle to see how small the pool is but I am happy to report that some real progress was made.
Being a parent is no piece of cake.
And I guess being a kid isn't either.
And I guess being a kid isn't either.
It seems like someone is grumpy about something on a daily basis.
So finding these random treasures sure helps smooth out the bumps along the way.
We LOVE General Conference weekend for so many reasons. In addition to the the spiritual feast the past two days have provided, the kids appreciated 'feasting' on these goodies while listening to all four sessions (five for Tanner and Aaron). It's amazing how well they listened for our key words of family, temple, scriptures, prophets, and faith. I'm not one to buy candy so this was a BIG deal to the crew and the older ones took copious notes this year.
Missing you Aaron! See you soon...
4 comments:
Cute idea with the candy. We did conference store and it is amazing how a little bit of that type of thing gets them excited about 6 hours of talks. They grow fast. I will be at the next young women's meeting. So sad to see Sis. Beck go but a great weekend. (We also took a walk on the beach in the afternoon, which made waking up at 6:00am to watch conference worth it.)
What a great idea! I am sure Abigail would love that. I am also absolutely sure that I would not love the sugared up, nowhere to go to burn off that energy, girl that I would have on my hands afterwards. I am going to look for a way to modify that for my family next conference.
I'm so proud of you for buying candy! :)
What a creative mother! You are awesome! They are so lucky to have you for a mother!
Post a Comment