Sunday, December 30, 2012

Another Teenager...

It's happened again.  We have another official teenager in the house.


Knowing she had three gifts to open, Brinley decided to open them throughout the day - to make the fun last a little longer.  She already knew about the curling iron so it wasn't much of a surprise but she was totally excited to finally get to use it!

  It's tradition for the kids to pick their favorite meal on their birthday - Brinley is a fan of Chinese food. I decided to save myself the effort and called Aaron at work to bring take-out home for lunch instead:)

See her cute curls?  Finally, a curling iron that works!
 Here she studies the intricacies of her next gift - cake decorating set.

Quinn and Elsie waiting to eat peppermint mud pie.
About a week ago, one of Brinley's friends called me and asked if she could throw a small surprise party for Brinley.  So--we worked hard to keep it a secret.  Brinley had a fantastic time and ended up getting home too late for us to sing to her.  When she called from the party asking to stay a little longer, she said it was okay for the younger kids to go ahead and eat her birthday dessert.  Are we entering a new phase or what?

Thanks to Kara for sending me a few pics from the party!








Symphony, Haley, Shaylee, Brinley, Nikki

So,  Brinley opened her final gift the next morning.  A gift card to a local craft supply store.  The perfect gift for her!  

Happy 13th Birthday Brinley!

5 comments:

Stephanie Marcum said...

I dropped Alison off at a tri-stake fireside tonight. I gave her my phone to call when it was done. She informed me that now would be a good time to think about getting her a phone. I said, sure, one that doesn't have text or games and only 100 mins a month. She said Ok I will just borrow yours. Ha Ha. She is still sweet though. That was nice of Brinley's friends.

Jeff & Liberty said...

Happy birthday to Brinley...and Anna...and Tanner! What a neat thing for a friend to surprise Brinley with a party!

Jackie said...

I love that she didn't open all her gifts at once. I don't think I could stand the suspense. Happy birthday! And Merry Christmas to all of you.

Kaylynn said...

Two teenagers - good luck. That is a nice friend to give her a party. Are you done with your birthday frenzy now?

Malinda said...

What quality friends! I'm glad that you/Kaylynn/Ker-dog are blazing the trail with teenagers so I can come to you guys for advice in the next few years.