Sunday, February 3, 2013

Snow Fun


January flew by in a hurry - hard to believe it's already February! 
It's fortunate that the kids enjoy playing in the snow. 


Being pulled around the yard in a sled behind the 4-wheeler, building various snow-people, snow-shoeing in the mountains (Tanner - teacher's quorum), constructing temple replicas in the snow (Brinley at Stake YM/YW activity) and sledding at the sand dunes are a few of the winter activities we've enjoyed this month. And of course, it's now basketball season.


Garrett, Heather, Anna (looking at camera)

Jantzen with G-ma and G-pa M holding Jagger & Bennett

Tanner, Quinn, Breanna, Jameson

Brinley

Quinn with Aaron


We had an especially great time sledding at the sand dunes with extended family.  Bryant and Bonnie were in town over the MLK break to look for housing for Breanna who will be starting college this fall. Cameron & Kasey and Bob & Janene also joined us at the hills for a grand adventure.  


 Jantzen purchased an old pair of cross-country skis in hopes of trying out this sport at our local golf course - soon:)

And guess who joined us in Primary?

Quinn - 1st Sunday as a Sunbeam 
I'll admit it.  It was a strange bitter-sweet feeling to know that after nearly14 years of taking at least one of our children to the nursery each Sunday, I'll never "pass this way" again.  And, I've never experienced such amazing nursery leaders in all the years I've had children attend.  Quinn thoroughly enjoyed every moment spent with such great ladies (Sis. Smith, Sis. Ballard, Sis. Klingler, Sis. Oldham, etc.).  

He has transitioned well to being with the 'big kids' in Primary.  He especially loves to sing along to three of his favorite songs - "I Am A Child of God", "I Love to See the Temple", and "Nephi's Courage".


Elsie - CTR 6
One day Tanner decided to create a little excitement.  He put together this ensemble - unbeknownst to anyone.  Aaron had quite an adrenaline rush when he unexpectedly discovered this 'person' in our bedroom closet.  Pretty clever, eh?

3 comments:

Malinda said...

I would have peed if I opened my closet to find that "person." You had better watch out on April Fools Day. Aaron has A LOT of white shirts!

Jackie said...

Too funny. I love a good rush of adrenaline!!! For the record January may have flown by in your town, but 30 miles to the south of you January creeped by as slow as I have ever had it go. It could have something to do with all the sixth graders trapped inside because of the weeks of below zero temps.

Kristen said...

Looks like you have made the most of a very cold winter. Love Tanner's surprise in the closet. Would have freaked me out! What a bittersweet moment with Quinn. He is a very cute Sunbeam!