It's that time of year again - the craziness of spring has settled in.
And we're gearing up for the next few weeks.
The weather is finally improving now that Tanner's track season is winding down.
| That's me in the right-hand corner - cheering him on. |
It was Tanner's third track season and this year (9th grade) he ran with the high school team. He also decided to try the longer distances (800m, 1600m, 3200m) this time around. As part of the junior high team, he preferred the 100m, 200m, 400m. Sounds vaguely familiar to my own journey...
Too bad I didn't get a picture of his final race at the JV Invitational at Blackfoot High School. Jantzen and I arrived just in time to jump out of the car and watch the final two laps of the 1600m. Both of Tanner's G-pa's competed in this same location nearly 50 years ago!
We decided it was probably a dirt track back then???
Recently, Brinley taught Anna and Elsie how to make their own mini-pillows.
Although there are 12 more days of school left, we enjoyed attending Elsie's kindergarten circus/graduation program on Friday.
She was an adorable lion and did a great job somersaulting through the lion tamer's hoop.
Mrs. Parker, Elsie, Miss Rigby
Congrats to Elsie!
A few more events to remember - we didn't get pictures taken...
We enjoyed attending Jantzen's awesome recorder concert (April 23) and the Cub Scout Blue & Gold Banquet (April 24). Aaron entered the chili//cornbread contest - a.k.a. a nice way to get families to provide the food:) Yes, we're a bit 'behind' with the scouting events - the derby is yet to come...
Jantzen has also been busy with soccer - three more games before this spring season wraps up. He recently attended a 5th grade orientation at the middle school - and registration happens in a few days. He's still trying to decide which elective to choose - art, choir, band or orchestra.
Last weekend we enjoyed Stake Conference - especially listening to a special young men's choir that Tanner participated in. It was so inspiring to see/hear these valiant youth pledge their lives to building up God's kingdom on earth through song. We currently have 16 missionaries serving from our home ward with 5 more waiting to leave in the coming weeks. Aaron and I attended 'the opening of the envelop' for a gal in our ward just last night. Aaron has been home teacher to this family for nearly 6 years. Alyssa is heading to Houston Texas East Mission.
During spring break while we all visited the dental office - Dr. Smith and I discussed the potential need for a crown but decided to postpone the procedure. Besides the shock I felt when that darn tooth broke (Sunday morning), I had to chuckle as Dr. Smith's final words echoed around in my head - "It could be okay for another ten years. Then again, it could break in a week. It's hard to know sometimes." Although there is never a good time for a tooth to break (especially when your dentist is a 3 1/2 hour drive away and you don't have dental insurance), it was fortunate that Aaron was able to work his schedule to accommodate my quick trip to Salt Lake. Monday morning after the kids got on the school bus, I hopped in the car and made the trek to get a temporary crown put on. Not a fun process. And I'm still not sure when I'll have a window of time to return for the more permanent crown. Anyway, after my stint in that uncomfortable dental chair, I headed over to help my parents pack. We packed up pantry/kitchen stuff and real estate files and took them over to their new flat - termed "Little Vietnam". After unloading, we checked out a local Chinese restaurant nearby - and were pleasantly surprised by the tasty food. Of course, I brought my cooler so we stopped at Sprout's and Winco on our way 'home' to stock up on produce. It's so much cheaper in UT!
I enjoyed the short but sweet visit to Mom and Dad's place and I wished I could have done more to help but the day was gone. The next morning I hit the road by 6:30am to make it back home in time to drive the kindergarten carpool and do "reading time" in the classroom. The rest of the day went something like this - pick up Tanner at the junior high and drive him up to the temple before cruising home just as the elementary bus was dropping off Jantzen, Anna and Elsie. Snacks and homework and music practice (sort of) before taking Anna to gymnastics and picking Tanner back up. Back home again to get Brinley off for gymnastics and head to Jantzen's soccer game. Tag-team a bit with Aaron who had church commitments (his new calling is in the young men's presidency) - and literally wrestle with Quinn throughout the game while Anna and Elsie played on the playground. They had peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for dinner - a picnic at the park:) Fortunately, I had a carpool for Brinley to get home from gymnastics and on to YW activity. Tanner got himself to Scouts. After Jantzen's game, I dropped him off at Cub Scouts and rushed home to start putting the other three to bed.
Visiting my parents and spending an afternoon packing was the relaxing part of my week.

4 comments:
Wowsers. You are a busy woman! Sorry about your tooth. Been there, done that (minus the 3 1/2 hour drive).
Track runs strong in the family. That is a long way to go to fix a tooth. Someday when you are an empty nester you will read this post and think, how did I do it?
I feel ya. I broke a tooth and went to a dentist in vt and An endodonist in nh. Finally flew to slc for dental surgery. It was one expensive tooth.
I can see that helping us pack was the relaxing part of your week. Thanks a bunch. We really appreciated it. Love seeing all that your kids are accomplishing! What a great family!!!
Post a Comment