Your pipes freeze and your handy husband in out of town for the week?
Pray for warmer weather and go to Plan B.
Thursday morning the school district office sent out a call at 5:30am to cancel school due to extreme cold - (at least -15 F). We've dealt with freezing pipes each winter and it's not cool (no pun intended). Eventually we hope to eliminate the problem all together. Until then, I was happy to at least have access to cold water during the day via the bathtub on the main floor. And we did have one working toilet - hooray!
Discovering our predicament, I instituted a "paper products only" kind of day.
We still ended up having some dishes to wash by hand.
The girls worked together to get the job done.
| Elsie drying dishes on the bathroom floor. |
I almost think they enjoyed themselves:).
| Elsie and Quinn love snuggling up for reading time with Mom. |
I took advantage of having the kids around (babysitters) and attended the temple in the early afternoon as did Tanner. The sun was shining on this cold, beautiful day and it reached the daily high of 6 degrees by the time we ventured out. Late that evening, just minutes after Aaron returned from LA, the pipes thawed sufficiently for all the faucets/toilets to work once again. Hmm, guess he has the "magic touch"...
2 comments:
I'm so sorry that you had to deal with that while Aaron was gone. Looks like you turned it into a real "party-like" experience. I'm sure you made real memories. I hope that there wasn't any significant damage.
Ugh, frozen pipes--- NO FUN! Cold Day off of school --- tons of fun, yeah, I had the same cold day off too. Those days are my 'gift from heaven' days. Sorry you have to struggle with frozen pipes on those days.
Post a Comment