We are in a drought. And so I didn't complain when we woke up to new snowfall a few days ago after a very dry January. Even when the winch rope broke on our ATV/snowplow and we had to wait for Amazon Prime to come through for us. Quinn helped me shovel and shovel the concrete section of our driveway and the walkways. I even shoveled parts of the asphalt - but it's a very big driveway and my shovel is small and Quinn informed me we were done. So we were done before I was done.
| Quinn & Aaron sportin' their "Beard Beanies" |
Quinn loves to help Aaron plow the driveway and this took place before the rope broke. Our package arrived today so Aaron (and Quinn) were able to finish the job. I've learned the importance of keeping up with the snow - who knew there were tricks of the trade? It seems pretty straight forward but there's an art to proper snow removal and I've become rather particular. It's always a bummer when a neighbor drives through our circular BEFORE we can get it plowed or when Aaron has to leave for work and pulls out of the garage onto fresh snow because that inevitably leads to ice build-up. Regardless, we're just grateful for the snow and I doubt the groundhog will see his shadow.
Tonight was Brinley's final performance during half-time at a JV basketball game with the AirBound Flyers Cheer group. She wasn't exactly thrilled when I whipped out the camera but I didn't want to lug it around the high school trying to get a decent action shot of her. She did a great job and was all smiles for the routine. Overall, the cheer group has been a good experience for her but she's decided to just stay with gymnastics for now. We agreed she could do both with the condition that she pay for one of the activities. Her recent cost-analysis may have been a factor in this decision...
In other news, Tanner attended the baptism of Brian today. He is a foreign exchange student from Taiwan living with a local family. It's been an amazing experience for all involved and we're glad Tanner was able to show his support for Brian's big decision. Missionary work is an exciting work!
Other activities from the past 24 hours include cleaning the church building, play groups, attending the temple, friend b-day party, haircuts for the boys, chores and more chores, washing 40 lbs. of apples in a vinegar rinse, playing basketball, almost finishing up tax prep, home repair attempts on our water purifier - (elusive problems can be such time wasters!), foot zones, cleaning the HCP offices, errands in town and a zillion other things...
Let me be the first to say "HAPPY 65th BIRTHDAY G-MA P"! We love you and are so grateful for your influence in our lives. Have a wonderful day!

1 comment:
Thanks for taking that photo of Brinley. At least we got to see that much. Love the boys in their beanie beards. Yes. February is a special month and I will continue to celebrate for 28 days. Thanks.
Post a Comment